North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wonderin if anyone has heard these at all, most high end calls have a sound cap of their calls but the Zink site missed that bus I think... I want to upgrade my calls, but can't quite afford acrylics yet... looking at both the Power Clucker goose, and Power Hen duck call...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I had a poly Power Clucker and Power Maximus, they are pure crap IMO. Not sure on the Zink duck call, but I wouldn't buy it........ For cheaper duck calls I would recommend looking at some of the HS Waterfowl calls, or Quackheads. Even Buck Gardner makes a decent poly call. They are all pretty good for the money. As far as cheap goose calls go, I have not found one I like so I can't help ya there.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I used a poly carb power clucker to learn on. I think its a great call for learning on. Doesnt take as much air to blow as some of the upper end calls and at least for me that cut down the learning curve.

I still use it some. Tuned it up high for lessers and snows. I mainly blow my heartland x-out and a super mag. Want to get a death row.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
AdamFisk said:
I had a poly Power Clucker and Power Maximus, they are pure crap IMO.
I agree. They use different guts than the high-ends and they are terrible.

But then again, if they used the same guts...well, who'd buy the cow if the milk is free? :wink:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
AdamFisk said:
I had a poly Power Clucker and Power Maximus, they are pure crap IMO. Not sure on the Zink duck call, but I wouldn't buy it........ For cheaper duck calls I would recommend looking at some of the HS Waterfowl calls, or Quackheads. Even Buck Gardner makes a decent poly call. They are all pretty good for the money. As far as cheap goose calls go, I have not found one I like so I can't help ya there.
Agree, had a Power Clucker. Never blown a Zink poly duck call. I just got a Quackhead Double Reed call from cabelas for like $24 total and it's a pretty nice call. Go to your local store and ask if you can blow on some of the cheap calls. Our cabelas let me and my buddy we just had to wipe them out with wipes after words

1 - 5 of 5 Posts