2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The long wait...

The final product.
5 honks
3 snows
2 blues
1 mallard
The hunt was filmed so they can watch it whenever they want, there was 2 guys calling(honkerexpress and myself) and one guy videoing (broseph) It was a good time had by all!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I had a blast out with the youts today. Even though I forgot my jacket and froze my azz off out there. Was fun to see some new guys out. Was the one kids first time out and I think he is hooked on it.

Its nice seeing someone new get envolved with waterfowl hunting and really enjoy it. It actually is a pretty rewarding experience.

·
Registered
976 Posts
hey nice work guys, way to grind um! a little constructive critisism. the spread looks a little tight. try spacing them out a little more next time and see what happens

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the spread looks a little tight. try spacing them out a little more next time and see what happens
The birds in the area I hunt have been sitting really tight together since the season opened on the 15th. Birds dont seem to mind the spread, we've put a few down 8)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everybody I talk to says its going to be a early hard winter, I have noticed it in the deer as well, I wonder if the birds are trying to tell us somthing grouping up and feeding hard??

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Nice work on the snows! I heard it was going to be a mild winter. :huh:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
goosehunternd said:
Everybody I talk to says its going to be a early hard winter, I have noticed it in the deer as well, I wonder if the birds are trying to tell us somthing grouping up and feeding hard??
IMHO you are dead on!

Congrates to all who went out this weekend and helped out the youth! I saw a couple other groups this weekend! All the kids I saw had smiles on their faces! :beer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.