North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now just to set the record ... I'm not hating.. just pointing out an article. ;)

As discussed in a Newsweek article this coming week... McCain rolls in 13 cars.

When you have seven homes, that's a lot of garages to fill. After the fuss over the number of residences owned by the two presidential nominees, NEWSWEEK looked into the candidates' cars. And based on public vehicle-registration records, here's the score:

John and Cindy McCain: 13.

Barack and Michelle Obama: one.
So what are they?

McCain's personal ride, a 2004 Cadillac CTS, is no gas sipper, but it should make Detroit happy because it's made by General Motors. "I've bought American literally all my life and I'm proud," McCain said in the interview with Detroit's WXYZ-TV. But the rest of his fleet is not all-American. There's a 2005 Volkswagen convertible in the garage along with a 2001 Honda sedan. Otherwise, there's a 2007 half-ton Ford pickup truck, which might come in handy on the Sedona ranch; a vintage 1960 Willys Jeep; a 2008 Jeep Wrangler; a 2000 Lincoln; and a 2001 GMC SUV. The McCains also own three 2000 NEV Gem electric vehicles, which are bubble-shaped cars popular in retirement communities. :poke:

Only the Cadillac is registered in the candidate's name. Cindy McCain's name is on 11 vehicles, though not the one she actually drives. That car, a Lexus, is registered to her family's beer-distributor business and is outfitted with personalized plates that read MS BUD. :eek:
But but wait. I thought, like, Obama is the elitist snob in this election. What does he drive you may ask?

Ahem. A Ford Escape Hybrid. It replaced a Chrysler 300c after he caught **** for driving a gas guzzler and attacking detroit for not doing enough for fuel economy.

Hey maybe next we can find out how many personal home servants...err I mean staff that each has? Watcha think? :poke:

:rollin:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
More power to him. If he can afford 12 vehicles, why not own 12 vehicles? Why is his wealth a deterrent to you Ryan? Please don't try the out of touch arguement again, that doesn't hold water.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
More petty bs.

Now just to set the record ... I'm not hating.. just pointing out an article.
Sorry, don't buy that anymore. I think you want it out there, but hide behind the smokescreen of just being "fair". Right?

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jgat said:
More power to him. If he can afford 12 vehicles, why not own 12 vehicles? Why is his wealth a deterrent to you Ryan? Please don't try the out of touch arguement again, that doesn't hold water.
Nope no out of touch argument. I was doing this post in jest. Yes it is a pointed post. But it is what it is... nothing more nothing less..

Every time I hear the Republican camp try saying it is the Dems who are elitist I laugh. This is what I think of... stuff like this.

Every time I hear the Republican camp say they understand the little guy, and are staunch supporters of the middle class I laugh. I laugh harder when I hear R's here say the same thing. They don't understand the platform their party espouses.

I've asked it before, but I'll ask it to you again. I have no idea anymore, but what constitutes the middle class? Is it a salary range? I don't know? If so what range makes up the middle class? From what to what?

Curious as to your thoughts JGat? I'm not sure anymore. Given inflation, and how the various categories shake out, I don't know where the middle class begins, and where it ends.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know people who aren't rich that have more money in 2 vehicles than McCain has in all of the ones listed. Of course that's probably why they're one paycheck away from being homeless.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plainsman said:
More petty bs.

Now just to set the record ... I'm not hating.. just pointing out an article.
Sorry, don't buy that anymore. I think you want it out there, but hide behind the smokescreen of just being "fair". Right?
Nope just pointing out an article on this one. No lean or slant to it.

Just looking at the facts. It doesn't matter if I "want it out there" or not, I didn't choose this fact for them. This is about their choices, and it goes towards how they think, what their values are, etc etc..

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
6162rk said:
what does obama need a ford escape for? he should be able to get around on something that gets better mileage. it's not like he is going hunting or anything outdoors.
If memory serves, that car gets really good mileage...near 50 if I remember..

His old one didn't though... I did point that out. He used to drive one of those gas guzzling super Hemi things...

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hunter9494 said:
11 of the vehicles are registered to Cindy McCain.....is this the BEST you can do?? :roll:
are we repeating our posts now h94? The truth is what it is... It doesn't matter who they are registered too.. they are married.

I own 1 vehicle, and my wife and I both own our 2nd one.... that means...??

nothing as usual from you.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
If memory serves, that car gets really good mileage...near 50 if I remember..
A Ford Escape that gets 50 mpg???? I suppose that's because Obama has his tires inflated right. :rollin: :poke: If I smoked that crap I would want some.
It must be terrible being liberal and jealouse about how many houses or how many cars someone has. That's really sad, but that's liberal.

I would be really ticked if I found out John McCain had more guns than I do. Say, how many of you guys out there have more than six guns? Shame on you. :D

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hunter9494 said:
are you smoking crack, ryan?
nice post edit h94.. before you repeated yourself for a third time...

nice. ;) You're getting better at this game :thumb:

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
I have a friend with one. Ford might tell you 34/30, but try 23/18. Consumer reports might even give it better, but they test much like the companies do. Mine was tested at 59 mph and it says 21 miles to the gallon on the road. It gets 17 at 75 on interstate. As a matter of fact my 5.3 liter in my Yukon only gets a few miles to the gallon less than my friends little toy vehicle. :D

I hear the from owners that the Escape hybrid is doing 27 highway, and the same in town. It looks like if your going to stay in the city that the hybrids are better, but if the majority of your driving is out on the road they are no better. Try the Volkswagen diesel if you want mileage.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
6162rk said:
i hope it's that good because my dad just bought one. he is 90 and will be very happy if it gets that.
I hope it does to. I hope it serves him for another ten years. Have to love a guy that buys a new vehicle at 90 and hope he and it last a long time. I don't know you 6162rk, but here is to your dad. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
So what? I own 3 vehicles.

Since when does the number of homes or vehicles a person owns make them an elitist snob?

That is a question of attitude & behavior and both of the Obama's have that attitude down pat.

huntin1

1 - 20 of 34 Posts