North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ya gotta see this

6K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  nodakoutdoors.com 
#1 ·
hunted this weekend north of cooperstown shot the last buck we needed yesterday to get done and guess where he had to run and die here are the pics we sent the lighter guys after him

See less See more
#5 ·
Excellent job guys.. Not every day hunting will be remembered but I guarantee you will share that memory the rest of your lives. :D

You are the kind of people I would hunt with.

#10 ·
I did that exact same thing last year north of Devils Lake. instead of ice it was an open slough with a small island on it. The buck must have been trying to out smart most hunters, I ended up seeing it out there and took one shot at 420yds. We had to find a canoe to retrieve the darn thing. It ended up being a nice heavy 4x5. It was worth it.

I just wish I had some pictures of it. that is pretty priceless.

xdeano

#16 ·
Large munsterlander1 said:
And we wonder why we cant grow a lot of big bucks in ND. There are no managment practices. It makes me sick to see people shoot little bucks like this. Sorry just my 2 cents!
I think you should change your name to "The Judge". Having grown up in the RRV, if you can't seem to find quality deer in ND it may be more of an issue of your skill as a hunter than the quality of the herd. Sorry just my 2 cents! (Actually, I am not sorry, just mocking you...)

MNGOOSER, props for the effort to retrieve the animal.

#17 ·
Large munsterlander1 wrote:
And we wonder why we cant grow a lot of big bucks in ND. There are no managment practices. It makes me sick to see people shoot little bucks like this. Sorry just my 2 cents!

you no if you keep putting you 2 cents in maybe one day you will have something :withstupid: we hunted with 5 young men ages 14- 17 we let them shoot what they want if you look at another post on here you would see we shoot big bucks also just have to give the younger ones a chance to get something to keep them interested in hunting

#18 ·
:lol: Spend a weekend in MN during deer season.

#19 ·
Great ingenuity on that recovery. Having nearly gotten killed going through the ice once, as far as I'm concerned it would have been valid to consider the danger too great to try to get him...

#22 ·
smalls said:
I think you should change your name to "The Judge". Having grown up in the RRV, if you can't seem to find quality deer in ND it may be more of an issue of your skill as a hunter than the quality of the herd. Sorry just my 2 cents! (Actually, I am not sorry, just mocking you...)

Maybe you should change your name to IDIOT. Dont judge my hunting skills w/o knowing me. That is a lot more harsh statement then giving my opinion about people shooting small deer. I am not saying that it is just out of staters it is done by residents too. And MNGOOSER teaching young hunters herd managment at a young age is better then letting them shoot everything that moves. If you are shooting deer for meat shoot a doe or stay home. That is my 2 cents. (Actually SMALLS, i am not sorry i am mocking you...) Man you are an idiot!

#23 ·
smalls said:

Maybe you should change your name to IDIOT. Dont judge my hunting skills w/o knowing me. That is a lot more harsh statement then giving my opinion about people shooting small deer. I am not saying that it is just out of staters it is done by residents too. And MNGOOSER teaching young hunters herd managment at a young age is better then letting them shoot everything that moves. If you are shooting deer for meat shoot a doe or stay home. That is my 2 cents. (Actually SMALLS, i am not sorry i am mocking you...) Man you are an idiot!
Whoa watch the personal attacks there Large munsterlander1 . Why are you telling someone how to hunt. They did everything legal. If his kid wanted to shoot that deer, then more power to him. A trophy is all in teh eyes of the beholder.

MNGOSSER, nice deer and way to go outta the way to retrieve it.

#24 ·
let kids shoot what they want. gotta get them started out somehow. my first deer was a small 7 point. over time (key word here) i have gotten to passing up the smaller bucks and fawns and now only shoot at the bigger bucks and does when i need the meat.

whats the problem with that?

#25 ·
Drake Jake said:
let kids shoot what they want. gotta get them started out somehow. my first deer was a small 7 point. over time (key word here) i have gotten to passing up the smaller bucks and fawns and now only shoot at the bigger bucks and does when i need the meat.

There is not problem with that! But he was talking about 14-17 years of age. By the time i was 14 i figured it out. Do what you want that is just how i would like to see it.

BL the personnel attacks were self defense in my opinion. He first attacked me by saying i have no idea how to hunt. I hate that and i was a little angry with his attemps to make fun of me. So maybe he should check himself!

#26 ·
Drake Jake said:

There is not problem with that! But he was talking about 14-17 years of age. By the time i was 14 i figured it out. Do what you want that is just how i would like to see it.

BL the personnel attacks were self defense in my opinion. He first attacked me by saying i have no idea how to hunt. I hate that and i was a little angry with his attemps to make fun of me. So maybe he should check himself!
Calling someone an idiot is a personal attack, just because someone is 14 or 17 or 55 and its there first deer let them have it. ITS ONLY A DEER,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.