North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I are coming up on Oct. 11th for our very first out-of-state hunting trip. In fact, this is basically the first time in 38 years we've ever hunted outside of our home area (very southern central Minnesota).

We have permission, through a co-worker, for 1 2/3 section just west of Twin Lakes. This is just NNE of La Moure (where we're staying). I was wondering if I could get some indication of what this lake is like. Does it hold many ducks? Is it a likely roost? If so, we'll steer clear.

We want to field/transition slough hunt for ducks. Will this be possible during this timeframe, or will the water hunters have chased away everything by then?

Just trying to put together the best plan of action. We're going into this as complete novices as far as the area/terrain. Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Twin lake would definately be considered a roost. Although it is just one lake now rather than two with the water raising in the past 10 years. Pressure in that area raelly just depends. Some years there is 3 hunters a mile, others years I've been there and haven't seen anyone but a few of the farmers. I lived in lamoure for 18 years before shippin off to college. That area can really be a tossup, really good or it could bite you where the sun doesn't shine. A lot of posted signs have started showing up in that whole area over the last 10 years. Helps a lot when you already know the guys. A little scouting and you should do fine.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Who was your co-worker that gave you permission? Just wondering if I know him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts