North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Don’t know about this. On the one hand there is equality and all that but at the same time, shouldn’t women be protected do their ability to give birth and more innocent nature? Would a real man really let his daughter be drafted into a war?

Josh Hawley and other conservatives are strongly against it

“I’m in favor of keeping the Selective Service, but I’m not in favor of forcing women to fight against their will,” Hawley said. “I do think there’s something about when it comes to national service ... If you’re an able-bodied young man ... you should be willing to take up arms and fight for this country.”

“Our country is extremely grateful for the brave women who have volunteered to serve our country with and alongside our fighting forces,” he said. “But volunteering for military service is not the same as being forced into it, and no women should be compelled to do so.”

“It is wrong to force our daughters, mothers, wives, and sisters to fight our wars,” Mr. Hawley said in a statement.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Well here is a few things to think about with the way our "culture" is right now....

1. Can a biological man all of a sudden says he identifies as a woman and not have to register? Or a biological woman who "identifies" as a man... do they have to register? Nobody has changed plumbing or anything... still the same down below they just "identify" as the opposite sex.

2. Transgender issues....ie: A person who transitioned into a Man all of a sudden to they need to register? Or if a man who transitioned into a woman now do they become "unregistered"?

3. What about all the equality stuff?

BTW....I dont think a woman should have to register for the draft or selective service. We haven't needed one and odds are wont in the future. I am not saying a woman cant do a man's job at all. But when you talk about the draft you are "forcing" people into a situation where you might get under qualified people. A 19 year old, 100 lbs woman might not be able to drag out of a danger zone a 19 year old, 200 lbs man with a full kit on. BTW... with the draft there could be a 19 year old 100 lbs man who couldn't drag out a 200 lbs man in full kit either. What I am saying is you get people who are not motivated and under qualified with a draft.

But if we want to be this "woke" nation everyone should have to register. It will be interesting how some politicians come out and speak about this.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Some men try to breast feed, and some women think they are Rambo. Let the ones that think they are Rambo sign up, but don't force all women to accept the ideas of a few.

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
I agree. Should not be forced to go into a draft. Although Israel is one of only a few countries in the world with a mandatory military service requirement for women. Must serve for 2 years when they turn 18. Arabs living there do not have to but can if they want to. So they have proven it can be done.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Ken,

Agreed that Israel has shown that "mandatory" military service regaurdless of gender works for a country.

I am still waiting for some politicians to chime in on this. Like I stated it could get interesting. Especially for the "woke" people.

It was funny i saw something the other day about a radio show where there was something like 5 women on it and they were talking with a shows host and another guy. Anyways these women were going off about how they get "their" money and what not. Think cardi B or whatever. They talking how they dont need a man other than for his money and stuff like that. I mean it was kind of bad. Anyways the went off on how they dont get respect from men even though they talk and act like this. The host asked them... Well do you ever cook or do nice things for these "walking wallets?" Do you ever treat men with respect? It is like they dont understand that if you give respect you get respect in return. I can't remember exactly how everything went but that is what it boils down too.

But in my mind this kind of goes along with what we are talking about with the Draft and how our country is so "woke". You know and can see how things contradict themselves many times. You know like if someone wants to be treated equal then you cant be treated "special". Like with the draft issue... if women are equal to men then shouldn't they register for the draft? Or the fact that if a man can "identify" as a woman....then shouldn't they be "exempt" from the draft?

Again I will say this... I DONT THINK WOMEN SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO REGISTER FOR THE DRAFT. But I also think the draft is dated for the reasoning I mentioned about how when you force people into situations you will not get the best performances or best people for the job.

But just like to bring things to discussion and another way to look at stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts