North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By this time tomorrow Isabel should be squarely over my location here in Raleigh/Durham. She will have weakened somewhat by then, so I should facing ONLY 40-60 mph sustained winds and 6-10 inches of rain.

It will be my first hurricane, and even though I am inland a bit, I am still pretty excited (nervous). All the locals have bought out all of the milk, water, bread, batteries, etc. But they do that when there is a chance of snow in the forecast. (wusses). I just hope that my Land Cruisers don't find themselves on the underside of a tree. I may move them to more open ground (i.e. parking lot at Walmart??)

I guarantee that we will lose power for at least a day, probably a week.

At least classes are cancelled tomorrow!

And.......thank God I will be in Nodak in 3 weeks!

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Good luck. I have been in a few hurricanes. They are pretty cool to say the least (as long as a tree don't fall on you!) Like you say it is exciting but a nervous time just the same. Good Luck again!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good luck!!! I've never been in a hurricane but have seen a few tornadoes before. It's nerve racking when your up against nature and have no control over the outcome.

Stay safe!!!

Mike
prowaterfowl.com

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've never been in a hurricane but I've been through several typhoons in the Pacific. Still have photos of my wife hiding in the closet in Hawaii during Iniki in '93 (?). Typhoons in Okinawa are no big deal--everyone buttons up tight and then it's party time. Be safe and good luck!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Been in an earthquake but never a hurricane. Good luck buddy!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
You have fun up there Robert!!! :)

And for crying out loud protect that land cruiser! Otherwise I'll hear about losing your baby every day you're up here! ;)

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts