North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
20,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, a hunting partner, and my grandson were bow hunting the Badlands opening week-end of rifle deer. With the wind and camping on top of the butte in a tent we gave it up at 11:00pm yesterday and got back to Jamestown at 3:00am today. We had the pop up ice house tied to a large juniper but were still taking a beating.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah......really windy here today also. 60 MPH gusts. Definitely not going to sit 20 feet up in a tree stand waving back and forth, Saw 1 buck yesterday. Unfortunately it was dark and he was standing the ditch on the way home.

·
Administrator
20,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking forward to shooting coyotes. None of our group got any rifle tags so we were bow hunting in the Badlands. We seen some bucks out west, but not trophy and the corn and bean fed deer back home tast better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My brother drew a mulie buck tag after 15 years. His name was in over 3,000 times. I probably will never get drawn again. Oh well.....I shot 2 nice ones out there while I still lived in ND. He will be out there next week. Supposed to be cold. Not sure if I will go along. I get cold really easy as I've gotten older. Good luck on the coyotes. Imstill have a few days to hunt here in MInn.

·
Administrator
20,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bucks we seen were not chasing does like the rut was on yet. I think your brother will have a better time if some cold kicks the rut in.
I hear you about getting cold. I normally use a 17 foot enclosed trailer, insulated , carpeted, and with a furnace. This time I didn't want to take a new pickup and get Badlands pinstriping. The pop up ice house was insulated so a Big Buddy with a fan kept it warm without turning it on high even on the night that got down to 17⁰.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts