North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
southdakbearfan said:
When have you ever heard much from an outgoing two term president? NEVER!
This is because he did not accomplish much. Successful presidents are always active, supporting candidates of their party. The Clintons are and Bill Clinton remains a popular and very influential figure all the time. Perhaps, McCain will be getting votes of the same crowd, which had elected Bush. However, even some of the former Bush supporters will vote for Obama.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Because of two things in my opinion

1) Obama has been running against Bush not McCain and has a majority of followers that are too simple minded to recognize that fact and wonder why. Combine that with McCain, in a misguided belief he should be "civil" in the election, was too stupid to point it out to them early on. Since he has pointed that out his polls are doing better.

2) Bush is very unpopular due to the medias tremendous bias against him more than due to his performance, one only has to look at the recent finanacial (freddie mac) failure and how the media implied constantly that it was Bushes fault. In fact it was Obamas, Dodds, and Barney Franks.
The media has had it out for Bush since he beat Gore even in the midst of a war.

But the media is so biased in favor of Obama they hid the financial facts .

Notice how the media loved McCain until he was the candidate then they turned on him, they manipulated the stupid republican majority ( the ones that get their info in sound bites) and so called independents to run the person they believed least likely to be able to defeat Obama.

McCain and Bush are infact very different people.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With Bush, everything speaks against him. He is our president, he is in charge and everything what went wrong took place under his supervision. The same can be said about the Republican congress. People are fed up and want a different direction. Bush is avoided, like a black hole, or like a leper. Is not it a food for thought?

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
You're right.They wouldn't even let him speak for a measly 30 minutes at a week long convention.I guess they aren't stupid anyway.Every Republican running for office is treating him like a leper.

·
Registered
80 Posts
just wondering when john edwards will be seen at barack's next rally?
the democrats almost crowned him their next prince until a freshman senator with no experience stole his thunder

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Sorry you are wrong.....Edwards was never close this time around.Clinton and Obama were always 1 and 2.

what does that have to do with GWB being a Republican leper? :huh:

·
Administrator
19,689 Posts
Bush being treated like a leper has more to do with the deception of the media, the democrats, and the stupidity of the American people than it does with his performance.
I don't like him anymore, so I will not defend him, but this is just the way it is. I like calling things the way they are not making things up for political advantage.
Ya, McCain was our poorest choice. The people voted for him because they were deceived by the media. That and democrats voted for him in the primaries. I can't stand the man, and there is little that could make me vote for him. Obama is one thing that can make me vote for him.

No matter which one wins this election I would prefer the leper. As a matter of fact no one run in either party that I liked. If anyone thinks any of them are actually good they are just fooling themselves.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
With Bush, everything speaks against him. He is our president, he is in charge and everything what went wrong took place under his supervision. The same can be said about the Republican congress. People are fed up and want a different direction. Bush is avoided, like a black hole, or like a leper. Is not it a food for thought?
With ______, everything speaks against him. He is our president, he is in charge and everything what went wrong took place under his supervision. The same can be said about the __________ congress. People are fed up and want a different direction. _______ is avoided, like a black hole, or like a leper. Is not it a food for thought?

Here is the template for next year. Just fill in the names.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts