North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is NODAK forum, but lots of other states' check it out...where does everyone fish? Interesting to hear the diff lakes and types of water...

I fish mostly at Truman reservoir in MO...usually anchor on humps or points and use nightcrawlers or minnows, sometimes cut bait. Usually set up in the afternoon on these areas with bait for cats, then cast a spoon for white bass or hybrids, which often come to the surface towards sundown.

It can get pretty crazy if the cats are biting and the hybrids start breaking surface right before dark!

·
Registered
28 Posts
oklahoma in the arkansas river easy to get 60+plus pound cat fish behinde the gore dam just get there early and bring lots of stuff to pile around you because if you dont people will littraly cast over your head and be packed shoulder to shoulder with 5+poles each i only use one and make shure i have alot of gear around me to keep people from getting to close to were ther lines get in your lines

·
Registered
24 Posts
Freeway Lakes in Albany Oregon, i use nightcrawlers but am going to try minnows, catch yellow bullhead and carp, i know the big boys are in there though. You guys think catfishing is fun, come over here and reel in a halibut

·
Registered
19 Posts
I take my little boy to the Sheyenne River and catfhis all the time, he has a blast and we catch some good sized cats out there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
just north of grand forks or sometimes drayton for me...never seem to catch anything though...... :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts