North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I'm so sick of the designer breeds out there and this is about one of the worst, maybe because I'm a lab owner... Either their camera they take pictures with is f'd up or those dogs, even the pure breads, look like they fell right out of the ugly tree.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Actually they are not bad dogs. My old boss on the dairy farm has one. Though the dog was an accident. The female lab was in heat and the male beagle got excited and BAM the stork brought lab/beagle mix. The dog is dumb as hell, but looks exactly like a mini lab. Basically only good for a guard dog.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
I mean they are not completely worthless, but as far as hunting goes the dogs are dumb. They are just good for a farm dog and nothing else.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
blhunter3 said:
Actually they are not bad dogs. My old boss on the dairy farm has one. Though the dog was an accident. The female lab was in heat and the male beagle got excited and BAM the stork brought lab/beagle mix. The dog is dumb as hell, but looks exactly like a mini lab. Basically only good for a guard dog.
My only comment on this is :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

" Dumb as hell, mini Lab and only good for a guard dog" :huh:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It won't end, not as long as ignorant people are willing to buy these mutts...

·
Registered
733 Posts
I bought a black male lab pup this summer. He has a great pedigree, health clearances etc. He wasn't cheap but wasn't terribly expensive either. I know of a breeder locally that sells labradoodles and goldendoodles for a few hundred more than what I paid. No health clearances and it's a mutt. I don't get it?? Maybe I need to get into that business cuz she does well.
As long as there are buyers there will be sellers.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but they do not really need health clearances if they are cross breeds. Not saying it is right just clarifying.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
That is just not right.. even the puppies are weird looking. Who ever sees a lab when looking at these should take a closer look a I think.

·
Registered
733 Posts
djleye said:
Correct me if I am wrong but they do not really need health clearances if they are cross breeds. Not saying it is right just clarifying.
no they don't need clearances. I just meant that when it comes to a pure lab the price will be a bit higher when pups have the clearances vs. a lab without. My pup had all the bells and whistles and was cheaper than her pups with nothing and a mutt pedigree. If that makes sense?
She can charge $800 because right now they are a novelty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts