North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the point of having an open forum if you only want people to post what you want to hear and comprehend no more then what you choose to? There might as well be a footnote "those who do not think on the same lines as the majority of the members on this site need not apply. If you dare, be prepared to be bombarded". Seems like every time someone posts something that is not 100% agreed with, one of three things happen:
1). They are hammered on until they leave 2). They are asked to leave or 3). You simply won't post what you don't want to hear.
Isn't "sportsman" the derivative of "sportsmanship"? Why did you delete NDGander's post and what is going on with Grizzly?
Didn't someone mention something about respecting other people's opinions? Go figure! :bop:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ace,

I believe the issue isn't agreement ot not. Everyone here disagrees most of the time. The difference is the type of argument offered. The difference is in civility and discourse. At the heart is the motivation or goal of the person posting. Thoughtful goals are met with thoughtful responses, petty goals are met with petty responses.

It is well respected when someone says: "Look what's happening. This is what I believe, these are the reasons, these are the goals, these are the caveats. "

It is not well respected when some says: "This is what I think, and you are a bunch of @#$%^TY&, blow it out your @#$%^&* ".

I hope this is an example of the former. My goal is to convince you of another view of the dynamics here, and to persuade you and others to think about their goals for participating in such a forum.

M.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
An incident happened where Fetch felt ND Ganders post would cause the topic to get out of control and he deleted it and locked the topic. From there a bunch of unnecessary posts started coming out that was only going to pour fuel on a fire (again....like this one). I never delete posts unless absolutely necessary....this has never changed.

Why is a quarrel between Grizzly and Goosebuster3 anyone else's business? I talked to each of them and they'll take care of it themselves.

It's over....please don't keep bringing it up, I really don't see the point.

Let's move on.

Locked.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I already apologized for deleteing ND Ganders post

I felt - it had no content - only was trying to get the goat of many (cause trouble) I wanted the TD post to end on a more positive note. Next time I will leave the negative posts, if I lock a thread. That way all can judge the person who made the worthless post & just ignore them - But if all it does is try to start a verbal fight, I don't see it remaining.

There are many who have came here & disagreed with the regulars & got to post what they think. Sorry!!! but alot of people here are of the same opinion, on alot of issues. If you wish you can try to state what is wrong about the opinion. Or convince the others why your opinion is better.

It is up to Chris, who is not worthy of multiple chances.

Before I delete anything, I will copy it & save it for him - to see later.

As far as your other questions - Can't take the Heat stay of of the Kitchen - comes to mind

Introduce yourself & post some other points - or opinions, if they are worth replying to - I'm sure you will hear from someone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.