North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in a stand dressed all in orange, out in the middle of a section of crp. when glassing a area I spot a group of hunters? about 500 yds away working a bunch of sloughs, not once, twice but three times different
people in the group used there rifle scopes as binoculars and pointed them at me. :******: hoping they don't pull the triggers.What would you do?

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
I had the same happen to me Saturday. It is a horrible feeling. I could see them kneeling down looking right at me through my binos. What can a guy do?

·
1,405 Posts
This is a bad situation to be in. I'd definitely call the game warden and maybe the sheriff. I'm not sure if its illegal or not, but it sure is dangerous. I've been in the same situation a few times, but never had any cell service. One time I was with a group and we had four or five vehicles parked on the north side of a crp that we had already driven around to check to make sure noone else was hunting. We started our push and about halfway through we started hearing a few shots. Once we got over the next hill we saw a pickup full of hunters pushing a slough right in front of us, directly towards us. They ended up leaving before we could talk to them.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
More people do this....

I had a guy I was hunting with once do it to me. We were out west in Wy deer hunting. I looked over at him on the opposite ridge with my bino's...and I saw him looking at me through his scope. Yep when we met up I gave him an ear full. I also told him I will never hunt with him again. To this day we have not hunted together.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
DEFINATELY call a Warden or CO. That is absolutely rediculous that a person would look through their scope at another person, pointing a more than likely loaded firearm at them. They're called binos and you can pick a pair up at your local sporting goods store! WTF!?!?!?! And people wonder how accidents happen. This is just asking for something to happen and make someone a statistic! I'd be ****** to say the least! :******:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Back out calmly........ One hunter with a rifle against a group of hunters with with guns is lose/lose. At that point find there trucks and get tag numbers for state police. Will still be there word against yours on the scopeing and if it were me my word against theres on all the cut tires

1 - 8 of 8 Posts