North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my hunting partner and I found a good honker field last night and we were able to get permission to hunt it for the weekend. Tonight after work we took a drive out to the field to see if they were still setting up in the same area. We get to the field and it is littered, and I mean littered with snows and blues. Also, all of my snow decoys are at my parents farm. All of the birds are roosting not to far from the field so I feel that when the birds get up they(Canadas) should come and take a look at the spread. We are going to continue watching the field until the weekend, but were wondering what you guys would do.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
If the canadas are sitting in it again, set the canada decoys out. You might get some of the snow/blues to come in early in the morning. You never know with snow geese is all I'm saying. They'll be in a field one day and never come back. Good luck though

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
last night while we were watching all ofthe snow and blues come in, there were a couple of flocks of canadas that came to look but there were just to many snows in the field that they turned and went to another field that we can not get permission for. This was the first time we seen the snows on this field so like you said they may be somwhere else tomorrow. We will just keep our eyes on the field.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts