North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my chronic pain has increased, and my tolerance for narcotics has also increased - my doctor now has me on 100 Darvocet N-100's per month, 30 Demerol 50mg per month, 60 Lyrica 70mg per month (deadens nerves), and 100 Naproxen 500mg for the inflammation in my neck, which is a result of arthritis and causes pinched nerves in both arms.

I have severe chronic pain in my face, from when I shot myself, and due to a slight curvature of the spine I have pinched nerves in both legs, including the sciatic and femoral nerves.

The doctor is also going to start me on 200mg of Tegretol daily. Although it is a medication used primarily for seizures, it has been found to help patients with facial pain (the trigeminal nerve).

Anyhow, I can't "legally" drive, and I've been told I should not hunt alone while I am on narcotics (which is now 24/7). So - until either the pain subsides (unlikely) or I can get my son or son-in-law to hunt with me, I'm taking it easy this year -and I will try to live "vicariously" by helping you guys hunt.

So, PLEASE - all of you - let me know what is going on out there, and if and how I can help you. I REALLY enjoy helping, and hearing your stories.

You can e-mail me at [email protected]

With peak breeding in progress in many areas, I'm posting an article on Choosing Stand Sites. I hope it helps.

God bless and good hunting,

T.R.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Hey man you need to go to the University of Minnesota Hospitals right away. It sounds like your Dr.s are trying to put you down like a sick dog. God helps those that help themselves now get to decent Dr.s :eek:
If i was a junky I would take you out hunting and only charge you half of your meds.

Thanks for the offer of helping, I'll keep it in mind. :)

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Good Luck TR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts