North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will soon come into an inheritance and was thinking of buying my 3 "dream weapons" for hunting and that's what made me think of this post, but I changed the number to 5.

We do fairly well as is, so when my mother passed last year I wasn't thinking of what she had or owned, I was distraught. Now I have been thinking about how I can honor her and keep her with me. She was an avid hunter in her younger days here in ND and I have many B&W pics from the 40's and 50's of her with big bucks. That's what made me decide to do this. I decided if I buy these items, I will pass them to my kids and the reasons for them.

I have been a Western History nut for a long time and fell in love with the rifles of the day. My favorites are the Sharps 45-70, Henrey's in 45 LC, the Colt Navy 1861 Conversion in 45 LC, Parker side-by-side shotguns and the Kentucky Long Rifle in .50 cal.. Since I also bow hunt, I have decided to get a Byron Ferguson Patriot as well.

So these are my top 5 picks and you know why.
1. Quigley Sharps (34" barrel) .45-70 (least expensive shells) made by Davide Pedersoli, For all big game in ND.
2. Henry's Long barrel reproduction in .45 LC, For deer.
3. Parker Side-by-side reproduction (don't hunt with a Colt revolver)
4. Kentucky Blue Ridge Long Rifle .50 Ca., by Davide Pedersoli, For deer.
5. Byron Ferguson Patriot Longbow 55#

I won't be able to hunt anything without her being with me.

What are yours and why?

Del

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Hey Dell, post some of the pics, I love looking at the old hunting pics!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
1.AR-15 fluted bull barrel, with Leupold scope
2.50BMG with ported barrel
3. Ruger MKII with the scope farther up the barrel (Fore got the model name)
4.Custom 10/22
5.Ruger Super Redhawk in 44 Mag. with 2.5-7 power handgun scope.( Had one, and kicking myself for selling it)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW, I guess I am really out of touch...lol I have NO idea what a lot of you mean. I know what an AR-15 is...lol There is so much stuff out there and I'm really stuck in the past on this one.

I'll have to find those pics. They are packed away and I'm not sure where, but I'm gonna look for them. I want to find them anyway, so I can have some blown up and fraimed.

I did notice that no one put the reasons why they want their drem weapon.

Del

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.