North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
I noticed the holes they put in my goose. They were about nickel-sized holes throught the chest!!!!! But that i didn't worry to much about... it dropped them deader than any other steel shell I've used. so to me they are definetely worth it!!!!! :beer:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had good patterns and results with blackcloud myself, but winchester also makes some good ammo. the blackcloud sure tears into those birds and folds them up good... basically it comes down to what you want to pay and how your gun patterns it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its not the shells its you.

The 3.5 inch shells either have to much recoil and you are flinching because of the upcoming recoil, the birds are farther than 65 yards or you flat out cant shoot.

Black cloud wont help

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree about the decoys doing the leg work! The Blackclouds are a little overpriced for us up here in canada (3"=$40/box) and the last box I had half the shells were misshaped resulting in jamming the gun. I like the winchesters too!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
sponkey14 said:
i have been shooting these cheapo ammo 3.5 inch BB for 14.99 and im not really getting awhole lot of kills, i was thinking about blackcloud i have a remington 11-87
If you cant kill em clean with 3.5" BB's you are the problem not the shell. Black cloud isn't going to help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also have that gun and have a lot of problems with Remington and Federal jamming. The ammo that I have found to work the best for me is Kent Fasteel. It's not Black cloud no, but I have been doing just as good as someone shooting that ammo. However, I shoot 2 3/4 in. Partly because I am recovering from shoulder surgery and also just because I like them to come in close. :D I would recommend Kent for that gun.

·
Registered
247 Posts
being black clouds were so expensive i never bought them....but before the season started i told myself i wanted to buy one box just to see what all the hype was about...well lets just say since ive used that box im spending 25$ every time i go to the store because they are totally worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.