North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved a letter in the mail the other day thanking me for participating in the harvest survey last year and asking if I'll do the waterfowl parts survey this year. I guess they want me to send in a wing from each duck I shoot and the tail feathers and wing tips from each goose shot. Has anyone ever done this? I remember someone last fall saying they were doing it I think. I'm just curious to who's done the survey and what they thought about it...did it become an inconvenience after awhile?

Anyways, they give you a post card where you check off how many ducks and geese you anticipate shooting this fall and the choices are 1-10, 10-20, 20+. They do this so they know how many prepaid postage envelopes they need to send you. Luckily there's a number to call, because I think I might need to ask them to send me a few more. :wink: :D :lol:

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Jones,
Quack is the guy to talk to. He did it this year and the other night he said that he got the results back from the wings. I'm not sure what that all entails but he could tell you.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I did do the wing survey this year. They send you envelopes for the wings(also have to send tailfeathers from the geese). You submit 1 wing from each bird you personally shoot. 1 wing per envelope. The wing envelope goes into a mailing envelope. On the outside, you have to record state, county, date, and approx time of the kill. Last week I got a report on all the wings I submitted. Report includes species, sex, and age (mature/immature) of each bird submitted.

It doesn't take a lot of time and it's for a good cause. It was kind of interesting to see the mature/immature breakdown and also have a summary of the harvest for the entire season in 1 report. I had to request additional envelopes more than once and they always arrived quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts