North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has the cando area had alot of water in the past couple of months? I have been watching radar and it seem that there was alot of rain in the are. any input?

·
Registered
21 Posts
it is wishful thinking, there isn't much water out there at all, anywhere, but i was suprised to see that most of the places we hunted last year were still holding water. most of the sloughs and other places up here in the hills have actually gained water within this past month and a half,

·
Registered
372 Posts
BD----

big lake itself is down about .5 ft from last year, will probably drop another .5 ft through the fall if it doesn't rain....

overall water is still ok to good...but going the wrong direction.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when checking the radar over the summer, it seemed that norther ND and other areas got alot of rain, is this true. or is it that southern portions of the state that didn't get that much.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have land over by cando. The sloughs that we hunted were down quite a bit. Farmers that we talked to said that their cattle sloughs were even down, and pastures were brown. We might go through a little drought now, but that will only make vegitation better in upcoming years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts