North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i dont know wat guns are legal to yote hunt with and which ones aint. i got a small rifle and a big rifle my small is a ruger 10/22 and my big is a mossberg 2.70 which one is legal to yote hunt with. pls reply

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Here in ND from looking at the regs anything goes. They just state firearms maybe used. So apparently any thing from a .17Mach2 to a 50BMG. I know for deer no fullautos are allowed but it does not state that you can not use them for Coyotes here in ND. I will have to call and double check but after looking on their web page I did not find any limitations.

·
Registered
70 Posts
CHECK YOUR LOCAL REGULATIONS!!!!!!
As we all know, the regs are different from state to state. A call to the local office will either get you the information your seek or they can tell you where to look for it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ccccrnr said:
ok, well everyone I know who hunts in IL hunts with a slug gun.
and complains about the gun control laws in IL.

I'm on the outer part of St. Louis, and for people around here it is a toss up to drive to rurul MO or Southern IL.
Desision made mostly on do you want to subject you shotgun to a slug round.
I live in Southern Illinois about 80 miles east of St.Louis. In Illinois your restricted to a slug gun or handgun minimum caliber of 357 magnum for hunting deer. As for coyotes you can use any caliber rifle, handgun, or shotgun you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.