North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to get two years out of a pair of waders. Either the boot dry rots and gets cracks in them. Or the boot starts to separate from the wader. And its not like they are cheep waders either. I have had tow sets of Hodgmen dura-mags and a set of Lacrosse. I use them pretty hard. about tow too three times a week and two times on the weekends. So if anyone has some advice on how to stop them from dry rotting it would help alot. I am going broke buying waders every other year. Thanks

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The key is to keep them clean and store them in cool temps out of direct sunlight when you aren't using them.

I wash mine off with a hose after each hunt and then put them on a wader dryer overnight to dry inside & out. Very important to dry the insides of the dampness from condensation & sweat.

At the end of the season, I wash them, dry them inside & out, and either hang them upside down in the basement where it's cool and out of direct sunlight, or store them in the basement in an airtight plastic tub.

Even the cheap canvas jobs will give years of service if taken care of like this, good ones will last longer than you will believe. I have sets of Cabelas Ultimate Hunting Waders and Brushbusters I've had since they first came out, and they will be good to go for years to come...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts