North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Only seen the 4th Qt., after we ht that field goal and went up by 6 you could pretty much see what the final score was going to be, tough loss for not playing that bad, 8-8 or 7-9 I'm afraid for the year, man this season went south in a hurry.......

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Nice win yesterday, Bridgewater at times looks pretty good and at times looks like a deer with headlites in his eyes, but he's getting better, I hope that Buffalo game doesn't come back and haunt us, 4-5 this year and last year we were 1-7 at this time, going the right direction I guess....Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
7,636 Posts
I agree that the Bills game could haunt them losing the way they did. But that is the NFL.

I agree that Teddy is looking OK. One of his deep balls yesterday was misplayed by Patterson. Or the sun got into his eyes. Because he gave up on it. But he needs to work on his deep passes. Also he is still missing some guys big time. I mean he looks like Ponder when missing these guys. I will give Teddy a little break but you are a Pro QB you should be missing guys by 3 yards. Misses are just behind or ahead of a guy. Not 3 or 4 yards. Those are throw aways!! But I can still hold onto my 10-6 season prediction and even my 11-5....LOL But we will just see about that last one. HAHA.

They are looking a little better but still OL needs to play better. The Dl is kicking it up a huge notch. Floyd is coming into his own right now. Barr is still learning and getting better. Corners are still weak in my mind but serviceable. It will be a fun last half of the season to watch.

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Squaw Creek said:
GO CHIEFS!!
I like the Chiefs as well, unless they're playing the Vikes, just happy to see Alex Smith playing well and the 49ers struggling....... :beer: .....

· Registered
7,636 Posts
WOW.... Last night showed that the Packers are ready to get rolling. Also the bears... looked even worse. It might be the motor city kitty's against the green machine for the division.

But I am still holding hope for the Vikings.... They can go undefeated the rest of the season... LOOK OUT. But that will make my 11-5 prediction correct. So I am still ok mathmaticly. HAHA.

· Premium Member
1,830 Posts
The Queens vs Bears game looked like a playoff for the best of the worst yesterday. :poke:

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Longshot.... You are 1/2 correct. The bears offense looked good and moved the ball. But just couldn't finish. The Vikings on the other hand have issues.

I for one have not been impressed with Turner all year. Now with out knowing the ins and outs of the offense. But why on 3rd and long do our WR run 4 yard routes? What I am seeing was that we would run one WR to the yard marker then one underneath them. So an example.... 3rd and 12. Patterson would run a 12 yard route and then underneath would be Wright running a 4 yard route. Teddy would throw it to wright. That would make it easier for two defenders to tackle him short of the first down. Other teams would run Patterson deep... like a 20 yard route. Then run Wright under for a 10 yard route. See the difference?? Again is this Turners screw up or are the WR not running correct routes??

Again with turner it has been over 1/2 a season and the offense looks like this. So he has had time to come up with new schemes.

Also BL.... Broncos could have lost a couple weapons for a few games!!

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I'm a huge Viking fan, but that game was down right ugly, I turned it off in the second half and watched the KC and Seattle game, our offense is horrible and we made Cutler look all pro again.....

I hate to admit it though that the Pukers are sure looking good .....

· Super Moderator
8,506 Posts
9manfan said:
I'm a huge Viking fan, but that game was down right ugly, I turned it off in the second half and watched the KC and Seattle game, our offense is horrible and we made Cutler look all pro again.....

Yeah....the only good thing about the Pukers game was that Fox switched to the Arizona/Detroit game.I bet a bunch of Puker fans here loved that. :rollin:

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
KEN W said:
9manfan said:

Yeah....the only good thing about the Pukers game was that Fox switched to the Arizona/Detroit game.I bet a bunch of Puker fans here loved that. :rollin:
you were lucky, I was stuck watching them to the bitter end.......nothing like watching a blow out when a good game is on.......

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
It was fun game to watch, alot closer than I thought it was going to be, they pretty much decided that the Pukers running game was going to have to beat them, and Lacy did have a good game, but Bridgestone still looks young at times and at times he looks pretty good, 7-9 for the season now the way it's looking...............

· Premium Member
1,830 Posts
From another thread earlier preseason;

Chuck Smith said:
It will be funny when the (GULP!!) Vikings win both games against the packers this year.... :D :D :D

I know it is a bold call....but hey i got to do it every year... :thumb: :poke:

Hopefully with some of the moves they made this off season will help slow down the Pack and can keep us with a lead in the 4th quarter. :beer:
Sorry Chuck, had to bring this back. Kind of like the 8-8 prediction? :poke: :evil:

The Pack didn't play that well last Sunday. I hope they were saving it for New England. I can't say I would bet on the Pack myself in that game.

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Longshot... I expected someone to bring it up. LOL

I knew it was a risky call and well... I made that bed and will lay in it.

One thing that could have slowed down lacy a little would have been the presence of Floyd. He didn't play and has been having a very good second year. Just like this past weekend he had a good start against the Panthers but then was out. Not sure exactly why or what the injury was. But he sat. Even with him in the game I don't think that the Vikings would have won but it might have been even closer. :beer:

As you can tell I am still a die hard purple fan and will always make bold predictions and have faith in my team. One thing I didn't like is still the play calling. This past weekend they were up and got the ball right away to start the second 1/2. Why didn't they go deep on the first play and put the foot on the neck of the panthers. I mean that would have been a crushing blow to them if you did play action and completed a long gain. good teams do that. :bop:

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Nice win yesterday, although at this point all I can think about is high draft picks, Bridgestone is getting better with each game, 8-8 for the year I'm thinking......................

· Registered
7,636 Posts
I agree I am thinking draft picks too..... Like a RB since Peterson won't wear purple again. Even though some think it is BS but it is the big PR move to let him go with a new stadium on it's way. Need to find a new "face" of the franchise.

I will still hold on to a 9-7. They could run the table. Teddy is looking better and the Defense is doing the "bend but don't break" type of defense. All I am afraid of is Megatron eating up Robinson all next week. Robinson has been in position but just can't make the plays. he seems a split second behind. It will hurt that Floyd isn't 100% healthy. he hasn't finished the last 3 games. He was having a good second year. So it will be interesting.

One thing that is nice Gurley getting his knee fixed might move him down in the draft... Second round pick or further with his off the field stuff. Or if the Vikings keep doing what they have been (getting multiple first round picks)... they could snag Gordon late first round. But we will just have to wait and see for those shenanigans' to play out.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.