North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
boy has this sport forum died off, I'm predicting 10-6 or 9-7 for the Queens this year, still a year or two away from contending.....

but I believe the team has improved a lot from the last couple years.....Go Vikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snowkiller said:
5 wins tops they suck.sounds like Peterson wants to go to Dallas
I think you'll be wrong about that prediction,must be a Queen hater....

· Registered
1,967 Posts
I'm with you on 10-6. This offense might be pretty fun to watch once everyone gets on the same page. CP and AP are lightning in a bottle. I'm still pretty worried about the defense, even with all the hype around how successful Zimmer has been, maybe when joseph gets back at NG it could be better than I think.

· Registered
7,636 Posts
I agree and think 10-6 or even 11-5.

The defense is the key here. If they can put away a game or do what they did last year and lose it at the end. The keys are if the help they got in the off season at CB will help and if Rhodes can stay healthy all year. Floyd has shown in the preseason that he has stepped up his game. We will need to see if the rest of the D-line can do the same... Robinson and Griffen. I am not a believer in them....yet. Our linebackers are ok but not rock solid. Cole and Brinkley need to step it up a notch this year and prove they are NFL quality linebackers. Barr could be fun to watch but remember this is his 3 year of playing LB and his first year as a pro!!! he has the physical talent now does he have the rest.

Now for the offense.... The OL needs better play than last year. Kahil needs to step it up and play like he did in as a rookie and the rest of the line needs to be healthy. Cassel will manage a game well. That is what he has done his whole carrier. I just don't want people to start screaming for Teddy at all this year. He needs to sit and learn before getting thrown into the mix. He did have a good preseason but yet that is the preseason.

Cant wait for the season to begin...

Also a side note.... Thursday nights game Pack vs Seahawks....should be a great game. If the refs call the game as the new rules.....the Seahawks defense won't be as tough as last year and i could see Rodgers picking them apart.

· Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Chuck Smith said:
I agree and think 10-6 or even 11-5.
:rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

You Queen fans always get your hopes up. When will you learn.

Queens will be 8-8
Packers 13-3

· Registered
7,636 Posts
I am going off of last year. If they would have won the games they lost by 7 points or less. They would have won the division!!! And now they have added depth at CB (which was a weak spot), the OL is healthy (wasn't last year). things could be better.

People will say they lost Allen.... He didn't do squat last year. Those games they lost most of them were last min drives. So all that is if the Defense would have had one more stop, one tipped pass, one sack, one less penalty, etc. Many factors.

The thing with the NFL.... things can change from one end of the spectrum to the other in one year.

Now granted they have to get through the first 5 games or so. But it will be a true test on how the season will play out. If they go 4-1 in the first 5 games. That shows something. If they got 1-4 and are getting hammered in those games.... That shows the other end. :beer:

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Longshot said:
Packers 13-3
Pukers didn't look so hot last nite, lost a lineman and Lacy has another concussion, as soon as Mister Rodgers gets hurt because the O-Line can not protect him .........................it's going to be a long year in Cheeseville..........

I also think the Vikes will be improved from last year, but the front of our schedule is brutal........

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Watch out!! Viking are going to win the super bowl.... LOL

I am teasing of course. But they did look ok against a good defense. But had mistakes.... two missed snaps. I mean Cassel wasn't even ready for them. Those are errors that loose ball games. The defense looked good. But Rams I think are in shambles just because they lost Bradford and it showed.

The Vikings are leading the Division ahead of the Packers and Bears..... just need to see how Det. does tonight.

But it was a good win and a needed one for how tough the schedule is on the front side. We will see how they do this week against Patriots after they coming off the loss that they just had. They will want blood.

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice win yesterday, next sunday will be a real test after the Patriots lost their first game .....all in all, a great start...Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
2,941 Posts
Vikes will have a better record than the puckers when they meet in Oct. My feeling is that they are going to be 2-2 with losses to NO and ATL but hard fought games of which they could win possibly one of them. Packers are likely to lose to the Jets and panthers as the Jets are able to play defense and I think score enough points on the weak Pucker defense. Carolina is going to own the Puckers entirely!!

· Premium Member
1,830 Posts
9manfan said:
Longshot said:
Packers 13-3
Pukers didn't look so hot last nite, lost a lineman and Lacy has another concussion, as soon as Mister Rodgers gets hurt because the O-Line can not protect him .........................it's going to be a long year in Cheeseville..........

I also think the Vikes will be improved from last year, but the front of our schedule is brutal........
It was a very difficult game to watch! :puke:

· Registered
1,967 Posts
Hopefully the 2 DBs that got dinged up will be fine for this weekend. It's one thing to face a 3rd stringer against the rams, and another to face a ****** off Tom Brady.

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm thinking the Patriots are on the downward spiral, just don't think they're the team they used to be, kinda excited about the game on Sunday, could be a turning point for this organization.....Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
7,636 Posts
9manfan...

I agree with you 100%. If the Vikes pull off a win against Brady and the Pat's. That will be a huge momentum swing for the organization. Will make people really believe in Zimmerman and the team. Even though it is only the second game of the year.

I also agree about the CB's that got dinged up. We will need them for the next game because Brady and Bilichek will want blood. But one thing that is exciting is that the Pat's defense gave up lots of yards rushing last week. So they will be trying to game plan against AP and Patterson running the ball. Which could open up some exciting passing plays. Look for Rudolph and Jennings to have good games. that is if Cassel is sharp or just consistent.

· Registered
1,967 Posts
Chuck Smith said:
But one thing that is exciting is that the Pat's defense gave up lots of yards rushing last week. So they will be trying to game plan against AP and Patterson running the ball. Which could open up some exciting passing plays. Look for Rudolph and Jennings to have good games. that is if Cassel is sharp or just consistent.
If Knowshon Moreno and Lamar Miller can put up those kind of numbers, it might be a very long season for the interior defense of the Patriots.

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I shot trap yesterday at one of the last shoots in the area, sounds like I picked a good time not to watch them, I wont use the AP story as an excuse why we lost, sounds like we just got beat very bad...................next week...Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
7,636 Posts
It was an ugly game to watch. First drive was impressive but after that "FLAT". Didn't help with a blocked kick for a TD and an INT that almost went for a TD. those are mistakes that can't happen against good teams.

People will make the excuse of the "Peterson saga". I don't buy that... these are professionals and need to work through it. I understand a distraction but again... they are professionals. So it shows you the move to not pay Toby G and letting him go could be a major error.

But we will just have to see what is to come. Our Defense and our DB's didn't look too good. I mean Rhodes looked like a rookie out there getting the penalties he was getting.

They also have a tough row to hoe with the Saints next and are 0-2 and not looking too impressive. Look out for Brees get back to his old ways of 400+ yards passing and 4 td's. Then add in Atl who hasn't looked good and will want revenge. Then Thursday night against the Pack. Who also haven't look sharp as well. So you have 3 teams looking to show that they are still in it to win it all.

I still say the Vikings (even with out Peterson) can be a 10-6 team.... so I dropped it from 11-5 to 10-6.. :D

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Chuck, do you think the Vikes will drop AP from the team ? It wouldn't surprise me if this happens, almost 30 years old and around 12 mill a year, it might happen............

so much for my prediction, they reinstated AP today....

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.