North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Well in my mind it was coaching that lost this game.

First Quarter:
Third and 6 on the Dallas 7 yard line.....They give the ball to AP for a 2 yard gain. You need to pass the ball into the end zone! We kick a field goal.

Second Quarter:
4th and 1 on the Dallas 16 yard line....we go for it. KICK A FEILD GOAL!!!!

Fourth Quarter: Vikings get an INT on Dallas 41 yard line. We gain 5 yards in 3 plays....... Then they try to pull Dallas offsides (Im ok with that)....then they Punt. LOOK if they would have kicked a field goal in the second quarter!!!! Then you let walsh boot it from here because it would have put you up by 6 pts (if he would have made the PAT prior they would have been up by 7 pts)

Then the Vikings even after having the cowboys drive right down and score. They could have only needed a field goal to win!!! Even if they would have kicked the field goal in the second quarter. When they didn't get that I knew it was going to bite them in the butt.

COACHES NEED TO BE FIRED!!!!

But also at the end we don't have a QB that can throw the ball 50 yards down the field. Also on that final Hail Mary play.... WHY WASN'T PATTERSON ON THE FIELD. He is athletic and can jump. But yet we have 5 foot nothing Wright on the field. again.... COACHING!!!

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Chuck, I was thinking the same thing on how Ponder couldn't get that throw in the endzone, atleast get it in the endzone so you have a chance.......

Yep, we need wholesale coaching changes, these guys are getting out coached every game......long long year....

GO WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
499 Posts
I am 36 and watched the Vikes all my life. It doesn't get any worse than this, easy. Ponder finally played decent, AP was a force, but once again, our D couldn't get the job done. We are a bad team all accross the board, all 3 phases plus the staff. What can ya do? :puke:

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
We need higher draft picks at this time, not wins......hard to get excited about a win when it's only the 2nd one of the year....only seen the last 8 min. of the game, so not sure how they looked I guess....

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Another very ugly game, Ponder at times looked OK, but at other times he just plain SUCKED, our defense needs a ton of players for next year..........................long long long year...........

What's really sad is if we had a somewhat decent record we would still be in contention for the playoffs, our divsion sucks this year also...

GO WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO WOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Well I was lucky enough to listen to them on the radio for only one half...... the unlucky part was it was the second half :puke: .

We need a defense, we need OL, we need a QB and IMO we need a whole new set of COACHES. the funny thing was listening to them on the radio and the announcers made some interesting comments....

1. They were questioning why wasn't Freeman even dressed? I mean they threw him to the wolves so to speak after being with the team for like 10 days. Yet he hasn't played a snap since then?? Hmmm..... Coaching??

2. They also kept commenting on how Ponder had a decent 1st half yet he didn't look good doing it. They stated he was still missing throws and making bad reads.

These were two homer type announcers (Paul Allen).... so when they start to question things you know it is bad.

Well all I care about is one more win..... THIS WEEK... HAHA.

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Gunny......this is a hint...... :puke: er's

HAHA

I have a buddy who is a huge :puke: er's fan. He is worried about this week and thinks the Vikes will steam roll them. that is very interesting to hear. But we can only wait and see. Hopefully it will be better than watching the Giants game. I mean I hope the game is a good one to watch no matter who you want to win.

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Sounds like the Vikes have completely given up on Freeman already, kinda wondered why we even signed him....another week with Ponder.... :roll: ..... :( ......

The Central Divison or whatever they call it now is wide open this year, no clearcut favorite with Mister Rodgers out...still think Detroit will end up on top....Go Wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
A fricking tie...........................One thing I did learn is the Pukers suck as bad as we do without Mister rogers.......

· Registered
7,636 Posts
That shows you how pathetic our Defense it. A guy who has been cut by three teams this year can beat them. Our DEF line can't get a pass rush. Our Secondary other than Rhodes....was horrible.

Now I heard today that our offensive line got an A+ grade for run blocking and that they ran the same play just back and forth for Gerhart and they crushed them..... So should the coaches kept calling those plays??

The coaching staff needs to be gone IMO.

Ponder had an OK game. Lots of dropped balls but he did miss some targets and also can't step up into the pocket. I mean onetime Kahil got beat to the outside but yet pushed Matthews deep or out.....Ponder needs to recognize and step up into the pocket. I mean you teach lineman if you are going to get beat keep pushing your guy out to create a pocket.... He did and the QB doesn't step up. Anyway I hope this doesn't hurt us when we have the same number of losses as other teams and we get bumped down the draft chart.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.