North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPenn transgender swimmer Lia Thomas continues dominant season with more record-breaking wins (nypost.com)

This article talks about how a UPENN swimmer who is transitioning and has been for two years. (NCCA Requires a 1 year wait to compete and you need to have the therapy to decrease testosterone). This swimmer before was competing on the men's team for UPenn.

Some facts or things left out from the article and about the meet.
Her record times:
500 Free style - 4:34.06.
200 Free style - 1:41.93.

Men's preliminary winning times:
500 Free style - 4:22.79.
200 Free style - 1:38.10.

Her record smashing times would have left her out of the top 10 finishing times of the men's prelims.

Anyways... after reading this article them some comments on twitter. There was some really good questions and things presented.

Here is one of them: "If men who transition to women outperform women, will women see fewer scholarships? Right or wrong, could natural born women and their families miss opportunities as a result "

Think about this....If more transitioning people start to get scholarships for sports. Will this hurt biological women from getting education or tuition paid for by sports scholarships? Think many POC and poor families send kids to school when they wouldn't have the chance or economic backing to do so before because of sports. IE: they get to go to a 4 year college instead of a 2 year or maybe not even going at all. Now kick in the fact that NCAA college athletes can get paid while in college with NIL. So again... is it taking money and things away from biological women? Will we see a new type of "Title IX" coming into play?

This is something that I dont think I have seen before. But is a good point of discussion.

·
Administrator
2,869 Posts
All about womens rights even if it means putting a man in competition with them. lunatics...

·
Administrator
19,707 Posts
What is the goal of the women's rights movement? If ever there was disrespect and an attack on women this is it. If this goes unchallenged it will make the whole equal rights movement look like it's real goal is child murder and perversion rights.

In nature most biologically advanced animals will give their life protecting their offspring. Hmmmm gosh must be (something) that is not concerned about perverting the animals, but only humans. ya think?👹

·
Registered
526 Posts
UPenn transgender swimmer Lia Thomas continues dominant season with more record-breaking wins (nypost.com)

This article talks about how a UPENN swimmer who is transitioning and has been for two years. (NCCA Requires a 1 year wait to compete and you need to have the therapy to decrease testosterone). This swimmer before was competing on the men's team for UPenn.

Some facts or things left out from the article and about the meet.
Her record times:
500 Free style - 4:34.06.
200 Free style - 1:41.93.

Men's preliminary winning times:
500 Free style - 4:22.79.
200 Free style - 1:38.10.

Her record smashing times would have left her out of the top 10 finishing times of the men's prelims.

Anyways... after reading this article them some comments on twitter. There was some really good questions and things presented.

Here is one of them: "If men who transition to women outperform women, will women see fewer scholarships? Right or wrong, could natural born women and their families miss opportunities as a result "

Think about this....If more transitioning people start to get scholarships for sports. Will this hurt biological women from getting education or tuition paid for by sports scholarships? Think many POC and poor families send kids to school when they wouldn't have the chance or economic backing to do so before because of sports. IE: they get to go to a 4 year college instead of a 2 year or maybe not even going at all. Now kick in the fact that NCAA college athletes can get paid while in college with NIL. So again... is it taking money and things away from biological women? Will we see a new type of "Title IX" coming into play?

This is something that I dont think I have seen before. But is a good point of discussion.

Stratified competition is long established.
Schools have A, AA, AAA etc.
Some events, 5 K runs, have age groups.
Wrestling has weight class....

Why not establish Male, Female, Transgender "leagues"?

If those with "identity" issues truly want to compete., they can.
If they just want an easy win.....

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
I wonder how many bench warmers at D1 schools will say they are a girl and go dominate on the girls teams?

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oldfire....

I agree make a 3rd type of division when it comes to this.

But the issue will be them.... Trans basketball, football, soccer, lacrosse, etc. The team sports aspect of it. Then with that comes funding, scholarships, gym/facility times, officials, etc.

Then on a "league" or Confrence level.... enough teams to play and what not.

Again it goes back to the whole concept of trying to make huge changes for a select few. Then when people bring up issues or have questions you are demeaned and call names (transphobe, etc) but when they are actual question on how to respond to things.

Just like this thread.... look what I brought up in this response. Then the whole "MEN" competing with women and shattering records. Things of that nature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts