North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Rolla Oct 3- Oct 11. Anybody interested in trading a few days of hunting ducks/geese in Nodak for a few days of January hunting in flooded timber for ducks and hogs in East Texas. Figured somebody might have cabin fever by then.

Regarding the post about home-made field blind you might try this - it's pretty cheap and works. Find a large rectangular trash can with wheels (you decide where you "find" it). Cut it lengthwise along sides so you have 2 long pieces. Match the two pieces together so it creates a "tub" about 6 - 6.5 feet long - put the wheels on south end where your feet will be. Have some overlap so you can gob some silicone in joint to keep water out. Brace top with angled aluminum. Put 1/4 " plywood on half of top towards feet, hinge two strips of plywood where torso is, camo and bungee cord to suit you and you'll have a blind with wheels that will carry stuff out to the field. It cuts the wind and mine has withstood over 5 years of abuse.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good one Griz. I might just try that. Goes to show how not smart I am. I would never have thought of anything like that. Thanks for the idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts