North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
SD Snow goose killer..............we just got back from NE SD and in the 10 years we've gone this hunt ranked in the top 3...........greenheads and pintails...........we had two picked cornfields and that's where they were. I've not seen as many pintails as we saw this year..........I'll get picks up tomorrow..........

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We were looking at these birds with the binocs and id say over 50% of them were pintails, not even kidding, it is unreal how many pintails there are this year, i think they should think about increasing the limit???

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
T Shot said:
I recognize that tree... Get outta my spot!

:wink:
Don't worry you can hunt that spot most of the ducks left there, and went to a flooded corn field a couple miles to the north that we got permission for. should be game on for the weekend. :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree with the pintail issue! Saw many pinnies last weekend and was able to take this one

I don't know if I'm dumb for doing this but I'm heading up towards the northern central part of ND next weekend for a few days to hunt with a cousin from UND :beer:

·
Registered
29 Posts
zdosch said:
I don't know if I'm dumb for doing this but I'm heading up towards the northern central part of ND next weekend for a few days to hunt with a cousin from UND :beer:
It's never dumb to go hunting no matter how good the conditions. What is there that's better to do?

I'll be in the state in about 27 hours from now!! :sniper: Can't wait! :beer:

·
Registered
93 Posts
ummm stay here and hunt in south dakota???! :eek: just trying to hit the topic of a perhaps a push of birds by next weekend up there

·
Registered
93 Posts
looking around on the site

is there anywhere with an updated migration report after Canada's cold snap? - - just wondering if birds are starting to push down; thats all

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
T Shot said:
I recognize that tree... Get outta my spot!

:lol:

Is that the definition of a "roost tree"

Or is is just simply a roosting spot?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts