North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
447 Posts
Priceless. I have never seen such animosity, disdain, and ridiculing a seated president.
That's what happens when the "president" continuously sells out his constituents!

· Registered
725 Posts
Okay. Therein lies the problem speck. Disgraced politicians come in all shapes and sizes. No matter what your political affiliation, this list of corrupt politicians proves that no party or country is safe from corruption.
Why do we electors put up with such useless people.
Trump is a pathological liar, Gaetz is a pardon seeking pedophile/sex trafficer and the list goes on and includes lots of Democrats as well.
Things seem to be getting so bad I don't know if they can ever be fixed.
Happy New Year (rant over).

· Administrator
20,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Canuck once again we agree they are nearly all bad. The guy who embelished his resume is a liar, but an amateur compared to Pocahontas. The republicans lie, but the communist democrats will be the end of this nation, and Trudeau will destroy Canada. I noticed at meetings in Europe he tried talking to Macon, and Macon turned his back to him.

Your absolutely right about comedians having it easy. Well sort of, but they don't dare go to universities because the woke have no humor.

· Registered
7,623 Posts
Canuck,

You are correct it all writes itself. The sad part is that comedian's and cartoonists actually have it easy to write things but need to be afraid of getting cancelled. That is the sad part. It is more "fashionable" to be butt hurt by something than to actually just laugh about it or laugh it off.

· Registered
725 Posts
This Canuck, who has no horse in the race, sure finds it entertaining to watch the Republicans, who carry the majority, try to elect a Speaker. I am sure I don't understand all the intracacies of the process but it does bring two thoughts to my mind:

1) Karma is a *****, eh Kevin.

2) The modern-day Republicans are like my neighbor who could not organize a raffle even if if you gave him all the tickets and prizes!

History being made!

· Administrator
20,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm happy they dont simply let the RINO McCarthy take over without a battle. I hope a struggle will bring out a real conservative.
Canuck I'm not real familiar with the process of electing the speaker of the house either. Maybe Chuck or Speckline can educate us.(y)

· Registered
7,623 Posts
This isn't the first time it has taken awhile to get a speaker. I know it is the "party" that elects and then they all vote and need a certain number of votes to get it. Now I am not sure what that number is.

But for the past years people typically just stepped in line with whom ever was the "front" runner type situation.

I am glad it isn't getting rubber stamped. It will actually show that maybe things need to change inside of the party. Not shift away from things and actually do what they say they will do. Now with Jordan's name getting thrown around I am on the fence about him. He keep saying he wants to go after Biden. But I dont think they should waste too much time on that. I say look into his son and the lab top and if it digs further... then follow those leads. But dont do a witch hunt like the Dem's did with Trump. Because all that will do is keep that type of BS going... over and over and over. Then nothing will get done FOR THE PEOPLE. But I do like Jordans approach on many things and how he seems more "logical" and "fiscal" responsible. But only time will tell. I personally believe Mc Carthy is just a yes man and would get run over by many dem's on things. That is just my personal opinion on him. He talks the game but it doesn't seem like he follows thru. Maybe in a leadership role he would. But not sure.

But back to the thing about voting for a speaker... this isn't new at all to take multiple votes. But not sure how many or what ever. I think I read somewhere is that it was 100 years ago it took this long or more than a "day" to get the nomination. But it is showing you that people are not happy with the Republican Status Quo. Which is a good thing. The only sad part is nothing can get done until they actually nominate a Speaker. None of the newly voted in house members can get sworn in and what not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts