North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i lied i had 1 more day to spare after my buddy Tyler called and said the geese were everywhere the night before, i asked if any were on his place and he said no but they were flying over the back feild good......17 dozen GHG FFD's were set and the hunt was on .......these were taken on thurs. the 25th and i got the itch again.....power hunters in kw1 in cut corn.....

Loni's pup coming back with Art's band

a few of the ffd's

·
Registered
745 Posts
How big is the semi you drive to put all them decoys in?

Not gonna lie...im jealous of you...only because your hunting corn...not your decys! :wink:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing your from nd. ...Its amazing how much birds out your way love corn....Every year when we're there the corn is just starting to get cut....and the birds love it....
p.s you dont need to like my decoys only i do :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
George Zahradka said:
I'm guessing your from nd. ...Its amazing how much birds out your way love corn....Every year when we're there the corn is just starting to get cut....and the birds love it....
p.s you dont need to like my decoys only i do :beer: :beer:
And me! :lol:

Looks like a sweet hunt, I'm jealous of the corn also, I love hunting corn!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Just curious.. how big is the field and how did you get them to come in that close to the trees? Nice!!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
buckseye said:
Just curious.. how big is the field and how did you get them to come in that close to the trees? Nice!!
Not everywhere has as big of fields as ND. Even in MN they feed in fields like that sometimes and it is a slaughter if you can find the corn fields early in the season they are using. Dont have anywhere to go but in front of your barrel 8)

If you can find corn in Sept that just has a narrow strip taken out and the geese are using it -> money in the bank!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
If you can find corn in Sept that just has a narrow strip taken out and the geese are using it -> money in the bank!
Good point, access fees and an appointment necessary!! So does this borderline on the "B" word? :lol:

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
dont think so? The only fields that I have hunted like that are silage fields that the farmer takes out strips as he needs it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That feild is no bigger then about 5 to 6 acres....Its funny nearly all of these birds were migrators we have no trouble in smaller feilds....It has a lot with the ares also Kent co on the Eastern shore big feilds almost impossible to kill in a place smaller then 20 to 30 acres.....Go 2 counties to the south like Talbot co. and its no proplem....

These particular feild has a dip in the center so to be on the hill you need to be on the ends......We love this place when the wind gets howling.....its killer in that hole.....

It was shelled corn too....

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Why does the area the dekes are in look so much different than the rest of the field we can see. It's like there is way more trash in that spot... the "B" word comes to mind again. :lol:

·
Registered
450 Posts
That's ALOT of decoys!! But it must obviously help, good job!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.