North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a field with a good number of geese in it and I'm thinking of leaving my gun at home this time and bringing my bow in its place. I have always wanted to try this but I never have. I don't really know how to go about it. I normally use a lay down blind but that's going to be pretty hard with a bow. I was thinking a burlap blanket would work better. Looking for any tips or suggestions.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought of that but i have am picky about how well i camo my layout blind. i was thinking they would shy away from that huge blind in the field. i think i saw the video your talking about. thats what made me really want to try it. did you see in that vid though the houses in the background. i think they were nere my parents house in the cities.

·
Registered
182 Posts
that would be sick if u got one. ive always thought about wasting one of my crappy arrows wen im bowhunting deer, the geese fly right over my stand about 20 yards up i think im gunna try shoot one out of the air lol.

·
Registered
510 Posts
its really fun to do ive got 4 so far with my bow... but if i was you i would bring the shotgun!!!! just because you hit the goose with the arrow dosent mean they just flip over. with me i just sat in the cattails with a tree over me and just waited for them to land.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.