North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IBD/TIPP Tracking Poll: Day Eleven
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008

McCain has cut into Obama's lead for a second day and is now just 1.1 points behind. The spread was 3.7 Wednesday and 6.0 Tuesday. The Republican is making headway with middle- and working- class voters, and has surged 10 points in two days among those earning between $30,000 and $75,000. He has also gone from an 11-point deficit to a 9-point lead among Catholics.

·
Registered
163 Posts
plainsman quote:
I think all the polls are skewed.

except this one huh?

I don't trust the polls that much either but one that has changed that much in the last couple of days really smells funny... I wouldn't have your victory for McCain shirts made up quite yet... :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
has surged 10 points in two days among those earning between $30,000 and $75,000.
That means Obama's tax plan will change from $250,000 to $75,001??

WHat's it going to be tomorrow?

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
willythekid said:
plainsman quote:
I think all the polls are skewed.

except this one huh?

I don't trust the polls that much either but one that has changed that much in the last couple of days really smells funny... I wouldn't have your victory for McCain shirts made up quite yet... :D
I still think they are skewed. I presented this one because in the 2004 election it was the most accurate. To me it gave it just a little bit, and I mean that, just a little bit of credability. Nothing to get excited about.

willy, I have often stated it looks like our chances are not good. It's just that I will not throw in the towel until the fat lady sings. Now you on the other hand are counting your chickens before they hatch. Just trying to set the record straight on who is over confident. I like to admit I don't know. That leaves no egg on my face, but if things turn around guess who will have egg on their face? I can only hope. :D Not that hope is worth much right BigDaddy? :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
As I said above I don't trust polls farther than I can throw them.... also I am not as confident in an Obama win as others on here. I don't have that short of memory.... Florida anyone? I just can't wait for Nov. 4 to come around and I'm sure I'm not the only one......

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't have your victory for McCain shirts made up quite yet...
Rest assured I wouldn't be spending a nickel on it. Not even after for that matter.

As I said above I don't trust polls farther than I can throw them
Well then there is no use debating what we agree on.

also I am not as confident in an Obama win as others on here.
Sorry about that I evidently have you mixed up with someone who was very very sure. My personal opinion is only very foolish people are sure either way at this point. If someone put a gun to my head and made me bet I would say things don't look good for McCain.

There is only a couple scenarios that give me hope that McCain could still win. I think many in the media and the polls skew things towards Obama. No, I know the polls do. I know of a poller who has been given directions to write down that a person is an Obama supporter when they fail to identify themselves as McCain or Obama. That is the only reason for the discrepancy between the polls the day before the election, and the voters questioned leaving their voting precinct.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I was listening to someone a few weeks ago about this issue, and his point was all polls are simply a campaign tool until the week before the election. No worry is given about credibility until the final week, because even though the pollsters are obviously biased, saying one guy will win by 10 points and he loses by 2 doesn't do much for credibility when the next election rolls around. They just come up with some brilliant BS about what changed the numbers so drastically right before the election, but it is in their best interest to be accurate at the end.

For what it's worth...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts