North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The sad part is that this is 100% true....

Look at all the networks... Fox, MSNBC, CNN, etc.

Look at Madow, Lemon, Hanity, Carlson, etc.

Watch any of them "reporting" on anything.... it is opinion based people and guests on... NO REAL NEWS.

This is why Joe Rogan and others are way better.

I will state this again and again..... Watch multiple news people or people like Joe Rogan. Watch/listen to what they are saying or "half assed" reporting. Then use your mind to make out the conclusion. It is better to watch multiple to get different angles of things and different view points than just watching the same people regurgitate the same crap over and over.

Yeah I know I post many things all spouting the same stuff.... but then read what I talk about. Plus some of the stuff I post I predicted would happen or saw the writing on the wall of things. Or notice the hypocrisy in things... etc.

Anyways... I saw this and it resonates so much right now in our world.

·
Administrator
19,708 Posts
People often say why can't the media report like Walter Cronkite reported. I remember Cronkite and he was very biased even back in the early 1960's. The media was better then, but that was the beginning of the slide into the democrat mouthpiece they are today. A least some of the conservative opinion types admit they are opinion.

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sad thing is when news stations went 24/7 is when things went downhill. Because they had to shift to opinion based because otherwise you just spit out the same. Then when it was in the early phases of the 24/7 cycle... they did opinion along with some good news stuff.... now you mostly get opinion. Even when things are "breaking" the jump in with opinion people without giving any facts. That is what is sad.

I will get on a soap box here a little about TV in general.... look at the decline in many stations. ESPN... now is alot of opinion stuff and not much else unless an actual game is on. They have 10 different sports centers and then people screaming opinion... and they have 8 different channels of ESPN.... I remember when they had game shows with sports trivia and then stuff like that. I will give them credit with the 30 for 30 stuff those are good. They need more of that programing. Then how about MTV... that started out showing music videos and then concerts and what not.... NOW YOU DONT EVEN SEE VIDEOS IN NORMAL HOURS IF AT ALL... and it is called MUSIC TELEVISION.... yeah.. go figure.

It shows the down slide of TV in general. People cant think of programing or they cant write good sitcoms anymore. I know they say it is just rehashing of old TV shows with a new spin. Well it shows what works. So to date my era... Friends and Sienfield just took a group of friends and based it around them... then look at how I met your mother, Big Bang, etc... same thing... group of friends. Then to go further back... Cosby show... a family group... then Family matters.. again a family group... Full House...then All in the Family, 8 is enough, etc. They dont need to re-invent the wheel. They can just tweak it and have a running show for 5-10 years. Just know when to get out. Anyways... it just shows how lazy and even unimaginative the entertainment industy (hollywood) has gotten. They would rather have "reality" shows and signing shows.... than actually have to write a script. I will get off my soap box on that for now. :)

But to get back on topic. It also goes to show you with the whole Epstien stuff. Where actual journalism was done but those stories got "SQUASHED" because they could give black eyes to certain people or open up a world nobody wanted to look into. Think of all the stuff that has come out since those stories were killed. I am not even trying to get political... but look at Kevin Spacy, Harvey Weinstien, etc. How people in the media killed a story because it could hurt hollywood or other entertainment people.... plus the political/powerful people on either side of the political spectrum. That example of the Epstien stuff shows you how news networks push or dont push a narrative as THEY see fit. even thought it is a huge news story. I mean that story alone should have had some network wanting it for how big of a story it was... BUT NONE TOOK IT. yeah... think about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts