North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

Things in the news... or might be misrepresented in the news...

849 views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Chuck Smith 
#1 ·
1. The Shooting in Buffalo NY.
This guy was a mental nut case. His own "manifesto" was all over the place. But what might go unreported or even distorted by the media as they cry for GUN CONTROL issues.

• He showed hatred towards fox news and its reporters. (some want to blame fox news). He actual stated he wanted to hurt people at fox news.
  • He actually chose the location based on race AND... The strict gun laws in NY.
  • He was a "green" advocate. He talked about how the world need to "depopulate" to actually be "green"
  • He was an "eco-facsist" or a "green-nazi" or something like that he called himself.
  • He blamed "jews" for alot of things
  • He also blamed immigration on things as well.
  • The FBI and others dropped the ball on this one because he was already looked into about a school threat before and what not.

Like I stated a total mental nut chase all over the board. So to say he is Rightwing isn't 100% correct and to say he is liberal isn't 100% correct. HE IS A NUT CASE. What should worry all is that how he slipped thru the cracks on this. He had a red flag but it didn't make it so he couldn't buy a gun. I think I have stated this before. Honestly look at how many of these nut jobs have done mass shootings were on the FBI list or had some other threat that went by the way side. Then look at the history of these things and when "institutionalizing" went away. I actually dont know how to put my thoughts down here. But i hope some can read thru the issue about mental health. But since many institutions have been shut down or how mental health gets reported.... we have seen a huge uptick in these types of shootings. Also hate to say it but also so has the rise in social media, internet, etc. You know people can go online and "share" ideas even about crazy stuff...ie: this guys manifesto. Or they can get "fame" by live streaming and what not. Look how many of these type things are now getting live streamed.

2. The Church Shooting in CA.
A guy went into a church and shot up Taiwanese people. He was i believe Chinese descent. He did this because of how the relations between China and Taiwan are going. So yeah... another hate crime. But this one isn't getting reported on as much.

3. CA judge called the law written by the state that every board in the state MUST have a woman on it... the judge called it unconstitutional and violated civil rights. BTW... the judge is a woman.

- Just look up Civil Rights Act of 1964. It prohibits discrimination of labor based on sex, race, color, national origin, and religion. So saying a candidate HAS TO BE A WOMAN... is going backwards.

yeah I know some will say... HOW IS IT GOING BACKWARDS... because if this law was deemed "constitutional" well then why can't a board then say an opening happens we want ONLY A MAN, or ONLY A BLACK MAN, etc. You see it actually upheld the law in place.

4. The FDA finally is going to work with the baby formula company to get its plant up and running again. Even though that company has been trying to talk with them for months. THE FDA was dragging its feet on this one. I believe I read that the Administration is going to use the same thing that Trump used to get things rolling like operation warp speed. So we will just have to see what takes place on this or not.

5. We sent Troop back into Somalia.

6. A little picture or possible BILLION dollar idea......
Line Font Rectangle Office supplies Circle

See less See more
#2 ·
"Never let a crisis go to waste" A quote from the liberal Bible. I remember years ago there was a shooting at the zoo in Washington DC. Clinton was president and everyone laughed that he nearly beat the ambulance to the scene with a prepared gun control Speech. I know it's an old cliche, but true, liberals do prefer unarmed peasants to armed citizens. Never forget it.

#3 ·
Yep... look how some elected officials "Ran to the border" when Trump started his wall. TO NEVER RETURN. Now look at the crisis that is actually happening at the border and nobody goes. The Republicans who went are doing nothing. The states should take it in their own hands.... IE: States rights.

#7 ·
We are safe Plainsman but all roads in and out of the area whee I live have been washed out for a week. The rain just won't quit. On top of that they are forecasting up to 10 inches of snow tomorrow. Hopefully water levels start to recede and our roads and crossings can be repaired. Ugh.

#8 ·
Canuck....Sorry to hear about the flooding. Hope you and your family can remain safe and hope only the roads are the main issues you face with the flooding.

Now to get back to your short response.

I honestly think the lack of mental health care or help is one of the main things along with the internet. yeah I know it seems very hypocritical because here I am on the internet talking, debating, and expressing ideas/concerns. But look how much of these latest shootings are getting "live streamed". Look how many of the "manifestos" or actual confessions you hear that they get their "ideals" from online boards. They are not getting what they need at home from parents, teachers, friends, family, etc. They go "online" and get a "family" feel there. Now I am not trying to knock teachers at all on this one. But our society and also the way teachers get blamed for everything isn't helping.

Here is what I am getting at: Little Jonny is getting bad grades and not turning in homework. You know who the parent immediately blames.... TEACHERS. When it is the child not getting the work done...ie: Turning in homework. So the parent blames the teachers or the school. Then if the parent is very outspoken... they get the teacher in trouble or making a big hoopla so the teacher quits or just stops caring and is there to collect a check. Again not saying all teachers do this. But I have seen it happen. I have seen teachers give up on grades and state they cant wait until they are gone. So they dont have to deal with the kids or the parents. I wont even go into the discipline issues that teachers cant do or even schools cant do. Or the fact that some parents dont want to tell people about possible learning disorders with their kids so that teachers, coaches, etc can all then make a plan that suit the child better. Or parents just hammer "drugs" down their kids to help them. But I have seen less of this going on than before.

I will also go into the fact that kids are not allowed to be kids as much as they used to be. Be it that they are non stop "involved in sports" or other activities. Just ask some parents during the summer or even school year how many weekends do they have "free" to do family things? that is if their child is in sports. Be it hockey, baseball, basketball, etc. It is a non stop go go go. Plus kids are practicing until 9-10 pm at night just because they dont have enough facilities. So do you think that is good for kids? Plus the fact that some parents wont let their child out of their sight or supervision for a minute. I was talking with a friend and we brought up how my generation during the summer be pretty much on our own so to speak when we hit about age 12. We would bike to friends houses to play, we would bike down to stores to buy baseball cards and for a brief moment we had an "arcade" in town. So we would go there. We would bike to the ice cream shop. We would go bike to a stream to trout fish which was 4 miles away. We would have a parent drop us off at a state park in the morning and they would pick us up when they got done with work 8 hours later. We would have our fishing pole, backpack full of food/treats, and our ball gloves to play catch. We would also be responsible to bike to practices for sports. Our parents didn't sit and watch us practice. It is insane how you dont see this stuff. Our parent gave us responsibility and we didn't disappoint.

Anyways... I know I went on a longwinded tangent. But there is no one simple answer. I have tried to look it up but havent really found a good study out there. But they should look at "mass" shootings and then look at when mental health facilities started to get closed down. Now I am not talking we need to go back to the big dark institutions type places. But our country took a dramatic turn and made it harder for people to get help or for work places, schools, etc to talk about it. IE: Share that someone has issues. I believe it was a HIPPA change or something. But we need to address that having mental health problems isn't a big deal.... people want to help.

Here is an example I had in my life. I coached youth football 12 years. We have had many kids come thru our program while I was coaching. I can count about 5 kids that i was told by parents that they had learning disabilities. You know what... it made it easier for me to work with them. I could figure out a plan to help them learn the plays. Or I could put them in a position where they would have success. But one comes to mind when a parent didn't tell us. This child had dyslexia. He was a running back and kept going the wrong direction on about every other play and also didn't remember things on defense or got confused. We as a staff were at our wits end and started to limit some of his playing time. Well of course his parents come and start to "complain" and what not. They thought we were being hard on him when we would correct him. Then the mother said "well he has dyslexia". All of us coaches at about the same time said... WHY DIDNT YOU TELL US. We have it on the form they fill out before the year starts to tell us about any physical health issues, mental health issues, special needs, allergies, etc. Well after we found out about his condition.... things changed. We asked him how he could remember things better. Instead of numbers we used colors. So right and left wasn't even/odds for hole numbers. We used red, green, blue, orange, yellow, black, etc. For him. So he knew red was the 4 hole and what not. So on offense we would give our normal call for the team.... 34 dive. He knew he was 3.... but then we would tell him RED. So he knew to go to the 4 hole. Then our QB picked up on this and learned it as well the color scheme for him... So when that player was in at running back... he would actually say 34 RED. Without us coaches having too. This was an 11 year old QB did this. Shows you people are willing to help and make things better for others if they know.

Anyways... again a long rant. But I think it is the mental health industry in our country we need to look at and think about. Now instead we have people more worried about GENDERS and Feelings. Instead of just teaching the basics to kids.

Here is another little take on it. Adults be it teachers or parents are more worried about being "friends" with kids than actually developing them for the future. What I mean is a parent would rather have their kids be "friends" or hang out with them than to discipline or give them guidance. Same goes for some teachers as well. Instead of direction, teaching, etc. They are more worried about social things. I am not saying you cant be friends with them. But you also need to set examples and to come down on them when they screw up. This all goes towards the mental health of kids.

#9 ·
Chuck I sometimes feel like I don't have the time to participate in discussions here. For that reason I often write short, little blurbs...sometimes just trying to get Plainsman's hackles up...LOL
Anyway I do feel it is not really fair to those contributors like yourself who clearly put a lot of thought and effort into their posts.

#10 ·
canuck... .no problem and I always enjoy any discussion no matter how short or brief it is. As long as it is good discussion. Not some of the lies the media spreads or the name calling that the media does. Like not all Dems are Commies and not all Reps are Nazi/racists.

Also the main reason why I am always putting things out there is honestly I keep seeing lies every day in the media and want to put forth some honest info. Even though I give my two cents that can be slanted. But more and more you see common sense getting lost in all politics. Lets put it this way... Today I was reading on Twitter where people were arguing about women playing in mens sports. To be honest women are not excluded from playing in the NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. There has been female pitchers, goalies, kickers, etc. But they dont hold the job very long because they can't perform at that elite level. This isn't a knock at all on women. It is just biology. Same goes why we as a society made womens divisions, leagues, etc. So women can compete in sports that they like to play or want to try. But yet you have people not understanding this common sense approach about it. Then you have the trans issues of competing in womens divisions and what not. But it shows you common sense when you just sit back and look at things without emotion is getting lost.

Anyways... stay safe from the flooding and hope you dont have too much damage. Also love having the interaction on here.

#13 ·
Well.... here is another thing I forgot to report on and is not getting talked about much.

In Texas a man open fired on a Korean Nail Salon and injured 3. The shooter has blamed the Asian community for his problems. He got into a car accident 2 years prior and it was with an Asian person. Since then had delusions that the Asian mob was out to get him. ANYWAYS.... this isn't in the news. Guess why.... It doesn't fit the narrative. The man is AA.

BTW.... I just read an article where Dem. Congress Woman is blaming this on.... wait for it.... WHITE SUPREMACY. I kid you not.

Dem Rep. Beatty blames White supremacy for Dallas Korean hair salon shooting, but suspect is Black | Fox News

Now they are talking about the "replacement theory" stuff out there. But do they know that Joe Biden actually talked about this. How that the USA demographics are changing. "Whites" will be in the minority and there will be more Hispanic, Asian, Blacks, etc all voting. You know that some voters will be getting replaced by others that are not the same demographic racially, socially, economically, etc.

But just wait.... the new "hot button" that Dems will push all summer until the elections is this.... Republicans are "racist" and bad and all want REPLACEMENT THEORY.... or believe in it. Yet the President actually has talked about this himself.

Here is another Mass shooting that happened.... and guess where CHICAGO (happens about every week down there).... But they dont mention race? I wonder why?

2 killed, 8 wounded in mass shooting outside a Chicago McDonald's (msn.com)

Let me clarify.... I bring up race not to be racist at all. But to show you how the media and elected offficals report or talk about things. THEY WANT IT TO FIT A NARRATIVE instead of actually trying to fix anything. The shooter in Buffalo they had his race in the media and out of the mouths of reporters and elected officials ASAP. This one in Dallas... they had the man in custody, but nobody reported the "race".... WHY NOT??? Only report the race if it is white??? Isn't that being "racist"??? You see they want to push a "white supremacy" issue in our nation and say it is getting worse and worse. When statistically it is the same and actually has gone down a little. But you would never know that by the media coverage.... would you. BTW... Hate crimes have been on the rise over the last year... you know what demographic is seeing the increase.... ASIANS.... you know whom has been targeting them the most.... AA. But that is the elephant in the room that doesn't get discussed.

Again... I am not trying to sound racist. I am just putting facts out there. I personally believe we are not having a "white supremacy" issue or rising issue. I believe we are having a divide issue and it is being flammed by all media and our elected officials. Just look at how all of them are speaking. It isn't trying to Unite a country.

#14 ·
So to touch base on the Chicago Shooting I posted about above....

Attached below is an article about this shooting. I will "quote" some of the stuff in the article.

Mayor Lori Lightfoot calls mass shooting on Near North Side a ‘horrible tragedy’ and blames flood of guns being carried by young people (msn.com)

Mayor Lori Lightfoot on Friday blamed too many guns on city streets and parents not keeping track of their children for a week of violence in Chicago that culminated Thursday night with a mass shooting outside a McDonald’s restaurant and CTA station on the Near North Side.
Chicago and IL have some of the toughest gun laws on the books. So people getting guns must be doing it illegally? So more "gun" laws wont do a damn thing.

Lightfoot also again called for a visible police president downtown, including fixed posts at the corner where the shooting late Thursday took place and at the Chicago Avenue stop on the CTA Red Line.
This is the same Mayor who call for defunding police and what not.

Brown again also blamed the court system in gun offenders receiving lower bonds with putting more alleged criminals back onto the streets. Top judges and legal experts have question that correlation.
THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE ISSUE!!! Also the fact that if someone gets arrested for a "drug" crime and have a weapon that makes everything a FELONY. So what is the first charge thrown out by most courts... THE GUN CHARGE. So now that person who has the drug charge wont show up on any background check for a FELONY. So then they can purchase a firearm. HMMMMM.... and people wonder why sometimes the back ground checks dont actually work. When they state... How did a guy with a criminal history get his hands on a gun.... IT IS BECAUSE OUR COURTS ARE TOO LIGHT ON SENTENCING!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.