North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

· Registered
7,554 Posts
Canuck....

EXACTLY!!!! To force people to do things never works. Also you need infra structure before you can implement things. It is like saying lets truck supplies to the Artic across the tundra. Well are there roads or can the roads there handle it... NOPE... but lets start the trucks rolling ASAP. Then when things don't work blame others.

But again... This is how government works.

But like i mentioned it is something that needs to be talked about when natural disasters happen. Be it hurricane, earthquakes, tornados, floods, etc. How can people "charge" a vehicle to get supplies, help, etc. When the power grid is down. LIke I mentioned... you can't "Truck" in electricity. Or if you can it is called GENERATORS and what are those ran off of.... Fossil Fuels.

Is This a 'Diesel Car Charging Station' for Electric Cars? | Snopes.com

Here is a snopes link talking about this. It is explained in this link that it is from 2018 and in in the Australian outback. But in this it says it is a yes/no... so is accurate and not 100% accurate. But it says it takes 36 gallons of fuel to get a 200 mile radius charge.... 1 vehicle. Again things have advanced. But lets say you cut the fuel by 1/3 needed and get 300 mile radius charge. THAT IS ABOUT THE SAME AS NOW FILLING UP A CAR... yet it takes 8 hours to get the charge or "over night". When it takes 10 mins to fill up with fossil fuel.

Makes sense doesn't it.

So again to talk about "emergency" disaster type situation.... look how it doesn't make any sense.

· Registered
709 Posts
Here in Manitoba we have lots of cheap (relatively) hydro electricity. The flooding done in the 1970's to produce electricity and manage flows had major environmental and sociological impacts. A lot of compensation was required to garner acceptance and to re-establish displaced people and communities. Now that those impacts have been mitigated/compensated Manitoba produces "green" energy. Lots of it. That said, I can not imagine venturing out at -40 in an electric vehicle. I have to drive about 30 miles before I see the first farm house along the road. What happens if you slide off the road and are stuck for hours? How does an electric car produce cabin heat? With a gas heater like an old Volkswagon Beetle?

· Administrator
20,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Was it Harris that when trying to be convincing to get a EV said " people will wish they had an EV when the power goes out and they cant get gas into their car".

Canuck my brother has a small hybrid. When it hits a -10 the electric is gone.

· Registered
7,554 Posts
Canuck... exactly.

I believe Hybrids are better option and not straight EV's.

I also agree on Hydro plants. But that is something the USA are ignoring.

Also Like I mentioned in another thread... NUKE plants are the best option. But of course the "green" people dont want to talk about Nukes.

Here is something that is very sad... on social media there are leftist (who are paid to be this way) right now saying... FL better be thanking all the "blue" states for their money. WHAT... it is like Red states dont pay taxes. ... Let alone the fact that this is an natural disaster... something uncontrollable. But that right there shows you the issue with our political atmosphere right now.

I also know how Ironic it is on the MEME thread when it is a back and forth. But honestly if people can see some humor and reality in these. They are politically blinded. This goes for all sides of the political spectrum.

· Administrator
20,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Canuck humor often has truth. That last one you posted was good. As a rotten sinner myself I am guilty of what you posted, but it should get much better after election day. 😇

· Registered
7,554 Posts
Canuck.... that last one is a good one.

It is like what will the dog do once it catches the car??

But what could be interesting like I talked about in other threads.... Some of the "new" stuff that the Jan 6th wants to talk about and the NY AG suit... where did they get that info??? The special master might come into play.

Also if it was obtained illegally thru this warrant at Mar Lago... people have some explaining to do.

Plainsman... Those last two are spot on as well.

· Administrator
20,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
We should have the truth whether it's Trumps documents or Hunters laptop. The people should see everything, but if Trumps are classified we can't. Then their is the problem the left will say they are classified so we can't see them. Unfortunately that means they can say anything they want without proof. Hunters laptop isn't classified and It should be shared with the world.
The left is often clever. If the next president was republican and as demented he could have Obama raided and say he had classified documents with maps to every missile interaction and had already passed it on to Putin, but no one can see them.
There is already one casualty in politics today, and that's the truth.
Product Liquid Fluid Cylinder Font

Reactions: Chuck Smith

· Registered
709 Posts
Those are all good ones Plainsman. It is almost impossible to sort the real news from the fake news.
Especially when one side always accuses the other of doing what they themselves are doing in order to deflect things away from themselves. Both sides behave like children. Follow the money. Release the hounds.

Gesture Art Font Arch Symmetry

· Administrator
20,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
This may be to true to be funny.

· Registered
7,554 Posts
Here is something that is why I hate media and social media. Plus how our leaders are lying to us.

So a bill was introduced to the House and it was called School Based Mental Health Services. Sounds good... right.

Well you know what this bill actually allows.... Schools to not tell parents about their child mental health issues. Now some will say what do you mean.

This bill actually would make it OK for schools to not tell parents about a childs thoughts/feelings and issues about sexuality and gender. They will also HELP the student get/go see a doctor if they want to get some pills to modify or start to "transition". Let that sink in. They school will make the decisions or help foster the decisions of children WITH OUT letting the parents know.

Yeah... that was in this bill.

But funny how social media, media, and our leaders are toting this as Republicans are against Mental health for Students...... THEY ARE NOT. They are against letting someone else decide or "Help" their child without their knowledge. I would bet that even conservative parents would help foster good mental health for thier kids. Most conservatives are not sending their "trans" or "gay" child to conversion camps. I would say maybe 1% are doing this.... if that. Most would be loving and try to work thru this or try to understand and help their child. BTW... The media and such are not talking at all about how many "kids" and others are regretting the fact they they tried to transition and are now coming back. Plus the fact that the "transitioned" kids and others have the highest suicide rate among the LGBTQ community.

But yeah....lets ignore facts and just help foster possible suicides and other regrets.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts