North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank goodness congress hasn't gone completely down the crapper and there will be some kind of checks and balances with the least known president-elect in history.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Well, here is to hoping they all pull their heads out and start doing the will of the people.

Don't like Obamas platform, but it is what it is now.

Seriously though, I am bumping up my schedule to purchase a couple of guns just in case, pretty scary.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The silver lining for me is, in my lifetime no politician has followed through with their campaign promises. I can only hope that trend continues with this presidency.

·
Registered
637 Posts
JustAnotherDog said:
the least known president-elect in history.
Fun history fact: Chester Arthur was the customs collector for the New York City before becoming president when Garfield was shot. I'd hardly say he was well known in the country. Despite being a product of a corrupt patronage system, he wound up reforming the system and being a pretty good president.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Ya, I an certain the "assault weapons" ban will be put into affect again. How was it last time? Something like they could not be sold or transferred. I guess that means if you had one you could not transfer it to your son when you get old. I am afraid this time we could see the first confiscation. Something on the order of you have 30 days to turn them in without prosecution.
I figure sometime between now and Obama taking office I can get more than I paid for my AR15.
The other thing that bothers me is Obama has supported the idea of a 500% tax on ammunition. I should buy a flintlock because I can make my own blackpowder and bullets. To prepare I just sunk about $1000 now into equipment to keep my old 45/70 single shot falling block shooting. A new lead furnace, new RCBS bullet sizer/lubricator, more bullet molds, lead, etc. Darn it's hard finding the old 50/50 lead/tin bar solder. $20 pound for the stuff in rolls. You need nine pounds of lead and one pound of 50/50 to make Lyman's #2 alloy. Not pure lead, but wheel weight because you need antimony also.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Hey, what happened to RYAN's thread of ecstacy over Obama's win? Is he pouting and removed it? Or did someone else take it down?

Does anyone else wonder what happens to all the lawsuits questioning the validity of his citizenship now that he's President Elect?

Just curious.

huntin1

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Omegax wrote:
Fun history fact: Chester Arthur was the customs collector for the New York City before becoming president when Garfield was shot. I'd hardly say he was well known in the country. Despite being a product of a corrupt patronage system, he wound up reforming the system and being a pretty good president.
You sly little dickens, you. Where was this info when you were watching so many here question Palin's qualifications? :wink:

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
huntin1 said:
Hey, what happened to RYAN's thread of ecstacy over Obama's win? Is he pouting and removed it? Or did someone else take it down?

Does anyone else wonder what happens to all the lawsuits questioning the validity of his citizenship now that he's President Elect?

Just curious.

huntin1
Thats a good question, where did that thread go? Hmmmm.

:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts