North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who knows of a great swan feild :lol: Seriously though, i was drawn this year and have no clue how to kill a swan over anything other than water. My plan is to feild hunt geese and ducks in the feild in the am and look for a 20lb greater snowgoose to put my tag on.I don't want to burn out the ducks on a roost for a swan any help would be great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's been about 7 or 8 years since I shot a swan, and I have never known anyone to really "go after" swan. It's pretty much just go out and randomly get a group of swan to fly by you. I just see them coming and get lucky is all. I shot my only swan over a slough while hunting snows. really no advice to go get one, they usually fly over low, and act like they aren't worried about much.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've seen it done out east,later in the season when they start to migrate over water(usually in mid november) guys would blow up large white balloons (several) all attached to one line,anchore both ends with a decoy lead anchore.They also used a swan call to pull'em in to gun range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts