North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I see no problem in swatting em if there is only a few. If it is a large group of birds leave em alone. Bands aren't an excuse for anything.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Very dumb question
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jumping the roost screws up the hunting for everyone in the area. Like posted above, find where they are feeding. Who cares if there is one with a band in there. Busting the roost isn't worth a band. What would you rather do: bust the roost and not have any geese to hunt in the future? or..... leave the roost alone and find out where the geese are feeding and have those geese to hunt until they migrate out?
Oh yeah, if you do bust the roost, have fun trying to pick out the band when there will be geese flying all around.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
goosehunternd said:
you and blhunter must know eachother.
Just because I have hunted a roost before and shot the only five birds that came back and then got outta there. Just because I know how to hunt them without scaring the birds your calling me out on the public forum. Keep it in the bait pile in your have a problem on how I hunt. I have seen just as many roost busters from ND as I have from MN. Just because you just called in some MN people for hunting a roost doesn't mean all MN people hunt roosts.

Im guessing this is a young kid who asked this question and don't call him a ******, he could be handicaped for all we know.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Im guessing this is a young kid who asked this question and don't call him a stupid, he could be handicaped for all we know.
Wrong... I didnt call him stupid. There were 3 full sized pickups, I didnt call them in for hunting the roost, I called them in for hunting on the refuge, And there is absolutely no reason to hunt to roost I dont care how well you know how to hunt it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.