North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
October 2008, The Court Subpoenas Two Outdoor Writers and Two Clothing Manufacturers in the "Diversity Fraud" Trial against Scent Lok

As part of its attempt to find out who is behind the "Diversity Fraud" class action lawsuit filed against Scent Lok by the law firm of Heins Mills & Olson P.L.C., Scent Lok has had subpoenas issued for the owner of Contain clothing and Eliminator clothing, plus outdoor writers Michael Corrigan and T.R. Michels (myself).

The subpoenas may be a ploy to try and find out if any of the clothing manufacturers or writers were behind the lawsuit - as far as I know none of those persons are involved in the lawsuit against Scent Lok, or are behind the lawsuit itself, although the articles of both Michael Corrigan and myself may have been the impetus behind others filing the lawsuit.

I have it on good authority that the owner of Eliminator sent a response to the court, stating that any information Eliminator has on the development of scent-reduction clothing is proprietary in nature, and would not be divulged to Scent Lok or its lawyers. As of 10/13/2008, Scent Lok has made no further attempts to acquire any information from Eliminator.

Evidently the courts threw out most of Scent Lok's request for the information Contain has, on the basis that any information that company has is also proprietary, except Contain's Patent on anti-bacterial clothing. At one point Scent Lok claimed that it was using anti-bacterial products in its clothing. If they were - they would have been infringing on the Patent of Contain. The fact that the information on anti-bacterial clothing was provided to the courts - may prove to be detrimental to Scent Lok's defense.

Because Michael Corrigan is not involved in the manufacture of clothing, and is not associated with the lawsuit in and way, he provided what was requested.

As of 10/13/2008 I have not been served with a subpoena. Everything I have relating to the case is on my website - and the courts and Scent Lok are welcome to it - it will be extremely detrimental to Scent Lok's case.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. I'm the only writer who is publishing updates on the lawsuit. Some people want to know what is happening.

2. it should be obvious that I "know" that ScenT Lok cannot work as advertised.

It is the biggest scam ever foisted on the hunting public. I hate to see people get scammed out of their hard-earned money.

·
Registered
513 Posts
technically how does anyone really know if it does or doesnt.... you can do all the scientific tests you want but in the end we still arent deer... and you cant really ask the deer if they can smell you or not... I hafta say it is comfortable... and yes I own some but not against other brands so I have no bias here... if I like something Ill buy it... I dont think its outta range in price as far as comparison to other name brand stuff such as underarmour.... Im not knocking you in any way here TR just stating my opinion here... you can take it or leave it.... If I find something warm and comfortable (for me) at a cheaper price Ill be right out there to buy it...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Well put dogdonthunt.

I do agree with TRMichels though. As far as I am concerned, it's false advertising. The whole purpose is to "eliminate" the human scent so game can not pick up your scent. If it is found to not do so and doesn't actually eliminate the scent, it's false advertising. IMO

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Carbon works to keep chemicals out for the military, why won't it keep chemicals in? I think it does what they say it does just because so many peoples lives depend on activated Carbon clothing in the Military.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
buckseye said:
Carbon works to keep chemicals out for the military, why won't it keep chemicals in? I think it does what they say it does just because so many peoples lives depend on activated Carbon clothing in the Military.
Guess I was thinking the same thing. The MOPP suit that we used keeps airborne and some liquid chemicals out so why not keep the same in? I guess I would have to say in true Mythbusters lingo, "Plausible".

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys ought to read the Governmant reprot on the MOPP Suits. It says - the suit (with a gazillion times more carbon it it than a Scent Lok suit) is only good for 43 days, becaue it cannot be reactivated - by any means that the Government has (so Scent Lok certainly cannot be rectivated in a h ousehold dryer), and it is only good for 7 washings, because it FILLS up with checmicals.

The trugth of thematter is, with the littel amount of activated carbon that is in a Scent Lok suit, that only covers about 20 percent of the fabric, by the time it gets from the factory to the sote, and eventually to the buyer, it is already full of scents, that CANNOT be taken out of the suit.

If you do reactivate it at the temperature activated carbon companies say you have to reactivate it to, 1500 degrees F, you will have nothing but carbon, no fabric, just carbon.

I'm not lying to you, and I'm not stretching the truth at all. Activated carbion suits for hunting are good for about one week, and then you have to buy a new suit.

God bless,

T.R.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
TR's right guys.

The military MOPP suits are literally DRIPPING with carbon. You put a fresh set on, you come out BLACK! Trust me, I know, it took four showers to get it all off and out of my pores. The uniform I had on underneath was ruined and went in the trash. And they have a shelf life once taken out of their hermetically sealed wrapper.

Ive always thought the scent-lok/block was somewhat of a gimmick. I think mostly its a confidence thing for the hunter. But there is something to be said for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.