North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyone's aspects on whats going to happen with all the gun laws and ammunition bands that he wants to do? Is anyone going to go stock up, buy another pistol, rifle, or shotgun? Or do you think its just something he wants to pass but wont stand a chance? Obviously Obama isn't for the sportsman like we all are on here, but nothing we can do now.

·
Registered
323 Posts
im digging a deep hole and putting my semi automatics in it.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
if it flies it dies said:
im digging a deep hole and putting my semi automatics in it. f#^k Obama
IMO I just believe we should support our president no matter what. Let's see how things go and see how he does. It's going to take time, but lets support him.

·
Registered
323 Posts
sorry guys im just mad because i dont want my hunting rights taken away thats all.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
What are you talking about? Nobody said your hunting rights are going to be taken away. I follow these politics a fair amount...but I haven't seen anything about Obama wanting to take anything away..can someone fill me in? You really think your shotgun is going to be taken away? I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like we don't have a economy crisis and war going on.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Im not to worried, all i got are bolt actions, a muzzle loader, revolver and a pump. They get the job done. Otherwise its mostly archery for me anyhow. The only gun laws that will change are a strict buying laws, no semi auto assault rifles, no huge mags and thats probaly about it...oh yah and TAXES. If the nastiness hits the fan im not going to be worried if i have a semi auto with 30 round clips. Its all going to be nuclear or biological and we'll either be toast or heading for the hills.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
bretts said:
What are you talking about? Nobody said your hunting rights are going to be taken away. I follow these politics a fair amount...but I haven't seen anything about Obama wanting to take anything away..can someone fill me in? You really think your shotgun is going to be taken away? I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like we don't have a economy crisis and war going on.
You've apparently not looked at his voting record in his home state as senator. He is NOT a gun owners friend. A 500% sales tax on ammunition??!! Supported a ban on semi-automatic weapons, that includes common hunting shotguns and such. Come on. Tell me thats not going to affect your hunting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
He is NOT king or emperor that can rule by decree. All this sky is falling talk is just talk. There are 535 other people that the constitution insures that no agenda by one person(President) will rule the land. Also that little document called the constitution with all the amendments will nueter hi, like a mutt

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
F350 said:
He is NOT king or emperor that can rule by decree. All this sky is falling talk is just talk. There are 535 other people that the constitution insures that no agenda by one person(President) will rule the land. Also that little document called the constitution with all the amendments will nueter hi, like a mutt
However, the democrats also have the congress. That means a tag team of Obama, Pelosi, and Reed. I hope the second amendment can withstand that group.
I know those in agriculture often vote liberal because for some reason they think they will get a better farm bill. I know they were angry because McCain didn't like the current farm bill. Because he didn't like it didn't mean he wouldn't support a better one. Also, as far as agriculture goes I think farmers are in trouble with the upcoming administration. I think the focus will be on inner-city and farmers are going to be the last thing on Obama's mind. If you farm I would prepare for being left out in the cold.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
You guys with your ideas that this president will take your guns and your hunting rights need to lay off the conspiracy theories. :eyeroll:

I'm already so sick and tired of the ones ready to push the panic button and go into hiding with their guns.

Really, get over it, run for Congress or move to Canada - where I'm sure you'll have far more liberties than you do here. :eyeroll:

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Lvn2Hnt said:
You guys with your ideas that this president will take your guns and your hunting rights need to lay off the conspiracy theories. :eyeroll:

I'm already so sick and tired of the ones ready to push the panic button and go into hiding with their guns.

Really, get over it, run for Congress or move to Canada - where I'm sure you'll have far more liberties than you do here. :eyeroll:
That is simply media cool aid you have had poured down your throat. I'm not asking that you take pro gun people's word for it. Simply look at Obama's record. The last "assault rifle" ban said no sales or transfer. Does that mean I can't leave an AR15 to one of my son's when I get old? I would guess it does. Do you want to make a bet right now that we will see the old "assault rifle ban" renewed, or a new more strict one take it's place. I'm not a gambler, but this is a no brainer.
Lvn2Hunt, have you looked at Obama's record? You have a strong opinion, where did you get it? If your so sick and tired of it what are you doing in the middle of it? You can drink all the anti-gun, anti NRA cool-aid that you want, but you shouldn't be angry with people who don't want to share a glass with you. As far as calling it a conspiracy theory, that's right out of Hillary's play book, and the common line used by the media. If your really going to chastise people for their concern try to be more original. If not it looks purely partisan. Your choice of course.

Run for congress or get over it? I think it's every citizens responsibility to contact their congressmen or women, and alert their fellow citizens when something isn't going right. Your suggesting, "be still, let the poison work". That isn't the way a republic works. You could take your own advise you know. Which party ticket will you be running on?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Plainsman, 99% of the time, I am in total agreement with you on most of the topics, this is one, however that I do not. Also, let me apologize for coming off like I was chastising - not my intent, just blowing off some steam and admittedly, not in the best manner.

I have not drank the media cool-aid, it is more so the anti-Obama fanatics that have been drinking the concoction.

If your so sick and tired of it what are you doing in the middle of it?
I have no idea. LOL Honestly. I just can't surrender myself to believe that the great people of this nation would let congress take that much control over their lives.

As far as calling it a conspiracy theory, that's right out of Hillary's play book, and the common line used by the media. If your really going to chastise people for their concern try to be more original.
That, I have no idea about, truly, I do not and have not listened to enough of the BS to know who said what. Again, I basing my opinions purely on the belief that this nation will not lay down and let one entity take them over.

I think it's every citizens responsibility to contact their congressmen or women, and alert their fellow citizens when something isn't going right. Your suggesting, "be still, let the poison work". That isn't the way a republic works. You could take your own advise you know. Which party ticket will you be running on?
You're right and wrong here. I agree fully that it is every citizen's responsibility to take action. My mistake, though was not including that in my litany of options, for that, I do apologize because you are totally right. That stated, I have no intent on running on a ticket, but try to be very involved in the legislature both in North Dakota and Minnesota both personally and through my job.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Lvn2Hnt, blowing of steam, now I understand. :D

Me too. Those darn anti-gun people just don't give up. There are all the laws we need on the books already, the answser is to enforce them, not just make more laws that they are also unwilling to enforce. It's odd, but I think they will fully enforce them on the innocent, but they are soft hearted on the criminals.

I can see through your reasonable response, and your kind PM that your a reasonable person. In the future when all of us fellow deer hunters have more time we will have to dig into the congressional record and look at the anti-gun votes. I don't just take NRA's word for it I would like it verified from a second source.

I think it was Biden who wrote the last "assault rifle ban". They really are not assault rifles so that even bothers me that we all have drank that cool -aid and readily accept the terminology.

Anyway, I'm retired, but I got sucked into a job for a couple of days at the local sport shop.

Later.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
barebackjack said:
bretts said:
You've apparently not looked at his voting record in his home state as senator. He is NOT a gun owners friend. A 500% sales tax on ammunition??!! Supported a ban on semi-automatic weapons, that includes common hunting shotguns and such. Come on. Tell me thats not going to affect your hunting.
Well, personally, no it won't affect my hunting, unless he takes away my mathews. But for real, he's not taking your guns away. Im sure there will be more strict laws on owning some type of guns.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Well, personally, no it won't affect my hunting, unless he takes away my mathews.
You would not believe how many times I have had that idea proposed to me seriously. No kidding. I have heard it every year as long as I can remember the anti-gun movement. I also keep hearing: "they won't bother my muzzle loader". Seriously next to the anti-gun crowd complacency is our greatest enemy.
I'm not picking on your post bretts, and I didn't take the first part serious. You just brought up a very good point.
I would guess that when Obama gets around to his anti-gun propensity will depend on his priorities. Anyone have any idea what that will be. Also, he run an outstanding campaign if you like him or not. Evidently he is capable of multi- tasking.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Plainsman, there are WAY more issues that need attention a farm bill or inner city issues, both which must pass by both rural and urban lawmakers.This financial meltdown is not even close to being over.
As far as your jab at the farm bill, go ahead kill it and the food stamps and school lunch that comprise 70% of the funding. Kill it I say with the crp that so many hunters are crying about. Kill the csp that is conservation and envioromentally sustainable. When you get smart enough as you get older, you will realize more to lose than to gain by as you say we being "left out in the cold". Also your statements are quite laughable with Dorgan and Conrad there with the way they view farm bill funding.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
You guys are frickin' ridiculous.

Why don't you wait until there is something concrete to worry about before marching around saying the sky is falling? How about everyone shuts up about anything until there is an actual bill proposed? Doesn't that sound like the rational thing to do?

With the economy, Iraq, and all the other problems facing our country do you really think the first agenda of this administration is going to be gun control?

Furthermore, say some legislation is passed that you don't like. You can simply not obey it. Look at gun registration in Canada. It didn't work. People simply chose not to obey the law.

If you really get pizzed at something the government is trying to do, practice your second amendment rights and organize a militia and march on Washington. The government is supposed to fear it's people, the people aren't supposed to fear the government.

You might think that sounds crazy, but that is why our forefathers put the 2nd amendment in the bill of rights. Sadly, most of you who pretend to support the 2nd amendment have forgotten that.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Matt Jones said:
You guys are frickin' ridiculous.

Why don't you wait until there is something concrete to worry about before marching around saying the sky is falling? How about everyone shuts up about anything until there is an actual bill proposed? Doesn't that sound like the rational thing to do?

With the economy, Iraq, and all the other problems facing our country do you really think the first agenda of this administration is going to be gun control?

Furthermore, say some legislation is passed that you don't like. You can simply not obey it. Look at gun registration in Canada. It didn't work. People simply chose not to obey the law.

If you really get pizzed at something the government is trying to do, practice your second amendment rights and organize a militia and march on Washington. The government is supposed to fear it's people, the people aren't supposed to fear the government.

You might think that sounds crazy, but that is why our forefathers put the 2nd amendment in the bill of rights. Sadly, most of you who pretend to support the 2nd amendment have forgotten that.
Sometimes its better to be proactive rather than reactive.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.