North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Derriere. Who will dust off their Purple & gold stuff & start doing the Super Bowl Schuffle :beer: :D

Tampa lost too :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think the only thing that Sunday night's game proved is that Joe Theissmen is one of the worst sports announcers ever.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I said before the season started the Vikes would be good and would take the north. I was a little dissapointed after Sunday's game...the vikes should have beat the bears by 3 TD's. A "W" is still a "W" I guess.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I was actually at that game and I think, just watching the body language of the team as a whole...offense, defense, special teams, this team could be for real. Some questionable play calling was a bit of a dissapointment, but overall they did what they needed to do to win.

Was the halftime number retirement of cc shown on tv? Boy did red mccombs get booed.......it was great....serves him right trying to move the team to LA.

I think they finnaly have a legit punt returner in howry, a couple decent d-backs, a huge offensive line, and if culpepper plays well they are definately the team to beat in the nfc north....but...sadly i don't think they can beat tampa....offensively they could score 15-20 points probably, but its pretty hard for them to beat a team scoring 15 points.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I think the vikes will only get better as the season progresses. I think we can take tampa, I don't think they're as good as last year. There's no way they should have lost to Carolina if they plan on repeating.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
carolina is probably in the top 3 defensively in the nfl....thats how to beat tampa....an offensive powerhouse is not going to beat tampa....they have better atheletes on defense than most offenses and they just smash you....

I don't think anyone will score 24 points on them this season, so in the playoffs i think you are going to have to score 17-20 points and hope brad johnson throws a few picks or the receivers drop a couple or turn it over....

If tampa's offense scores 21-27 points they are pretty much unbeatable

·
Registered
603 Posts
Im not trying to sound angry or bitter towards Perry, but I do have to comment on the entire bandwagon situation.
Every year that the Vikings are doing well, and I talk about it with people who are not Vikes fans, I always get the bandwagon comment. It REALLY ****** me off because I am a true fan, and have cheered for the Vikes in winning and losing seasons.
I was at the 98 NFC title game, and actually shed a tear or two when they lost.
Maybe I am blowing off steam that stems from school, but had to get that off my chest.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'd really like to say that the vikes are going to go 19-0 and be super bowl champs. However, with playing the AFC West, it'd be real nice to end up 10-6 and win the north. Everyone else in the NFC north is a cupcake, including green bay. I don't see the lions doing much against the buzzsaw called the VIKINGS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
muskat said:
It REALLY ****** me off because I am a true fan, and have cheered for the Vikes in winning and losing seasons.
I hear ya! Stay true.

Talk to Panchot by the way.......he's a recently converted cheesehead. :eyeroll: 8)

·
Registered
23 Posts
My, how bold the predictions are two games into the season.

Let Culpuppy fumble away a game or two and the tide will turn...

TimR

Go Pack!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Tim you must have a hard time hiding every sunday in st paul....the main thing i don't like about packer fans......they love to live in the deep past....just a reminder fellas....it's called history because it's over.....

And a last thing to the fudge-packer fans on here....thanks for remodling that crusty stadium.....Made it ever sweeter when we crushed you in your own house....WE OWN LAMBEAU FIELD

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fishhook - I don't hide here in Saint Paul, I just have to duck a lot.

I don't have to live in the deep past - '96 isn't that far back. Just go back even a few years... I was at the game in the 'dome when the Pack beat 'em on the fake grass.

You call it history, I call it Heritage. Seems you call it Heritage when you are talking about your hunting history. Packers aren't going anywhere, ever. In a couple years you can be cheering the LA Queenies. (Thanks, Red).

And enough with the "We". Where were you born, boy? Ain't you a Nodaker? Seems like you're on the outside lookin' on in - like I am with the good hunting.

Tim

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Dwell on the past and you get what we have here now....a bunch of whining babies talking about the good-ol-days....

Do something about it to preserve today and the future and you have progression. That is what the vikes are doing this season. they may not win it all this year, but they are a lot closer than the pack...they r just plain ol' getting old and losing chemistry.

Hey i do consider them our team. I would love to see how many season ticket holders are from nd...bet it would surprise you. I live too far away (minot) to be a season ticket holder...but i was there this past weekend to witness the thrashing of chi-town. But if you want to talk about the "heritage" the series with the packers is now in favor of the vikes.

And piss on red. If he moves the team...which hopefully he doesn't....the nfl will be back in minnesota within 5 years.....It's a crappy deal if that happens, but how do have the nfl and not have the minnesota vikings....would be very strange.

You packer fans couldn't be closet vikes fans anymore.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Doesn't matter if you're a season ticket holder. Just like it doesn't matter if I'm a landowner in ND. They are still MN's team... you're not Minnesotan at heart, are you?

Progression... Yeah, its the same thing I've heard year after year here in MN. The only progression I've seen here is two steps forward, three steps back. Let's just see how the season turns out.

Are the Pack gettin' old like Jerry Rice old? Or like Reggie White old? Or maybe Elway old, or Montana old. Old doesn't mean bad.

The series is in favor of the vikes... half way through the season.

The one thing I agree with is Piss on Red. The Packers need a foil. Rivalries are what make this fun.

Closet viking fan? I don't think so, buddy. Born a cheesehead and I bleed green and gold. It's like Harley's and Women, if I have to explain to you what's good about them... you'll never understand.

Tim

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
See now you r getting out of line. Insult me, all viking fans, BUT never bring family into things buddy...what r u like 12 years old??

Thought I could talk some smack with a cheesehead and turns out i was talking smack with a jackass.

And as far as women go....i tend to look for ladies...not particularly fond of those riding harleys.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i already read it...way out of line.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts