North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my son and are going to be heading to Nodak. the last week of Oct. for ducks and geese. Anyway what are the chances we'll have snows coming into our spread ?
Thanks,
Duckjunky

·
Registered
620 Posts
Depending on where you are going there should be a good chance. It all depends on the weather though. If it doesn't get cold the migration doesn't seem to start until late. You are picking a good time to come though. Late Oct. is when the snows really start to show up. There really isn't too many ducks though. You might have to put on some miles. The best advice I can give is scout, scout, and scout.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is one in evry bunch, so i might as well stir the pot. Iam not asking for exact places, just a good general direstion from town to start looking, If it helps the sun comes up in the east, if that helps you get a general sense of direction,,,,,,,,just a guy looking for a little help, not a smart a-- answer

·
Registered
976 Posts
woodybang said:
There is one in evry bunch, so i might as well stir the pot. Iam not asking for exact places, just a good general direstion from town to start looking, If it helps the sun comes up in the east, if that helps you get a general sense of direction,,,,,,,,just a guy looking for a little help, not a smart a-- answer
once you hit the state drive west, if that aint workin head north, if that don't work you're an idiot

·
Super Moderator
8,506 Posts
I meant what I said.....you obviously have never been to Jamestown.....ANY LARGE BODY OF WATER outside the city limits.Head out of town in any direction.....as you say......if this helps head North,South,East,or West.No one can tell precisely where when the big numbers don't get here for another month to 6 weeks.So no one is being a smarta--.

Since you are new here.....welcome to the site. :welcome:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for your info. I'll let you know how we do, even post some pictures if we do alright. Good luck guys and be safe.

Duckjunky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.