North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Sorry I mis-read your post ..
I thought you were asking if it was SUPPOSED to snow on Monday or Tuesday..

No snow that I have heard of up there yet ..but cgreeny is the expert on the Kenmare area.. :p

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
It's coming.....moderate accumilations in the SW Saturday night.

·
Registered
199 Posts
From the NWS Bismarck Office - Forecast Discussion. Should make Pheasant Opener interesting.

I HAVE POSTED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE SOUTHWEST LATE TONIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING. H850 TEMPERATURES ARE VERY MARGINAL FOR SNOW SO I ONLY EXPECT ACCUMULATIONS OVER THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF THE SOUTHWEST. AT THIS TIME 1 TO 3 INCHES APPEARS LIKELY. A MORE SIGNIFICANT STORM WILL MOVE FROM THE SOUTHWEST US INTO THE NORTHERN PLAINS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. MODELS HAVE BEEN VERY CONSISTENT WITH THIS STORM. LATEST TRENDS HAVE FOCUSED THE SNOW OVER THE WESTERN THIRD OF THE STATE WITH THE SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING PERIOD
BEING THE MOST CRITICAL PERIOD OF BAD WEATHER. I SEE MAINLY RAIN ACROSS THE EASTERN TWO THIRDS OF THE REGION. I THINK 6 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW IS REASONABLE ACROSS THE SOUTHWEST WITH 4 TO 8 NORTHWEST FROM SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY MORNING. SO THAT IS WHY I SEPARATED THIS INTO TWO SEPARATE EVENTS. IT LOOKS LIKE FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT WILL BE MOSTLY = RAIN...ALTHOUGH SOME SNOW WILL MIX IN WEST. MODEL SOUNDINGS SUGGEST SOME FREEZING RAIN OR SLEET SOUTHWEST SATURDAY
NIGHT. THESE EARLY STORMS OFTEN CAN CAUSE SIGNIFICANT TREE DAMAGE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.