North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bread it, smother frying pan with oil, butter, little flour to darken, salt, pepper, lots of onions, garlic, paprika, thyme, poultry seasoning, basil, bam....bamm....bamm...another notch!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Cut into 1" strips, marinate in wild plum jelly and brandy, wrap goose strip, stripped bell peppers, and green onion with 1/2 strip bacon, cook over HOT coals on the grill.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Make it into jerky or take it to the local meat market and have them make it into summer sausage if you are looking for a change.

·
Super Moderator
8,481 Posts
Pick them...stuff them full of Stove Top and bake whole.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Skin them, lay bacon strips across the breast and bake them on a pan full of sauerkraut.................the best way to eat Sky Carp.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I think they taste better in the spring after feeding on grains for months than in the fall right off the tundra. In the spring I think they're pretty comparable to a honker and will save a few to pluck and roast. In the fall, it's all about the marinade! :D

·
Super Moderator
8,481 Posts
Muskat...a youngster that actually likes sauerkraut?You and I would get along just fine.
I even like it right out of the jar...then drink the juice and dream in technicolor. :p :p

·
Registered
603 Posts
I love the stuff. My parents make it once a year, a 20 gallon crock full of sauerkraut, and the best is eating it right from the crock about 2 days before they 'can' it.

I dont know about drinking the juice though, sounds a little on the loopy side. :D :beer:

·
Super Moderator
8,481 Posts
Only in my younger days when I had a few to many.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Who doesn't like 'kraut!? A brat just isn't a brat unless it's buried in it. I've never tried it with goose...something I'll have to remedy this spring! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts