North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be shooting slugs out of my Remington Spartan semi auto...i have a full, Xtra full, improved cylinder, and modified chokes...do i use one of them when i shoot slugs or just no choke at all? and which slugs work best? I have hornady slugs will they work?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks alot and yea the hornady ones i have are sabbots so ill just shoot the cheap slugs...so ill be able to shoot them out of my improved cylinder choke with no problems?

·
Registered
120 Posts
the_hunter said:
thanks alot and yea the hornady ones i have are sabbots so ill just shoot the cheap slugs...so ill be able to shoot them out of my improved cylinder choke with no problems?
You could shoot them out of any choke, but the IC will deform the slug the least and therefore be most accurate.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
remington slugger, or winchester super x hollow point, would be my choice.

Don't expect to shoot much past 75 yards, yes you can, and yes I have killed many deer past that distance. I also did alot of target shooting to get where I could shoot past 75. My longest non sabot type slug kill was 125 yards. This was about a foot hold over.

Yes use the IC choke, and good luck
awesome brush, close range gun

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
This maybe too late, you can buy slug chokes for a smooth barrel gun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.