North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a smith and wesson model 60 with a 3 inch barrel in 357mag. i was shooting it the other day and at 7 yards im dead on but i took it back to 15 yards and was 2 inches low. well my gun has adjuatable sights but idont know how to adjust the heighth because it isnt marked up or down. any help will be appriciated :beer:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
The rear sight should be adjusted in the direction you want the bullet to move. In your case adjust the rear sight up.

huntin1

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Before you move the sights think of this 8 yards differance!! I am no snub nose revolver expert but 2 inches difference in impact with 8 yard differance in range sounds extreem? Were you using the same ammo for both ranges? Using 38 and 357's ? If you were try again using the same ammo. :2cents:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i was useing 38spcl wadcutters at both ranges. the sithg isnt marked up or down so i dont know wich way to turn the screw. :strapped:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
remington270 said:
yea i was useing 38spcl wadcutters at both ranges. the sithg isnt marked up or down so i dont know wich way to turn the screw. :strapped:
Turn the screw counterclockwise to raise the rear sight.

huntin1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.