North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i jsut bought a tim grounds super mag in the poly carb. i really like the call and make some pretty good sounds on it. i am having a hard time with the double cluck. no matter how i position my hands i cannot make the sounds of 2 or 3 different geese. i am sort of new to this short reed stuff but am good enough to make all the other sounds i want. i dont know if im blowing air through it wrong or what but i cant figure it out. i even recorded myself a bunch and tried to frigure it out. i know there is alot of callers on here much better than me so any help would be great. i really like the call and would like to keep it so hopefully its not the call which im sure its not. so any help will be great thanks

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
It sounds like you're headed in the right direction. I.E. Practice, practice, practice, etc.

It's hard to explain how to do a double cluck online. Here goes, make sure you can cluck really well and fast. I'd work on doing a series of rapid clucks first. Then work on varying your tone. You need to be able to do a high pitched cluck, and a lower guttoral cluck. Then it is a matter of doing them correspondingly. High, low, high, low and using your hands to to help throw the direction of the notes.

To be honest, if you get a decent video or just listen to real geese and practice a lot you'll probably figure it out. I used to ask guys questions about how to do certain things but I had a lot more success figuring it out for myself. The best goose caller in the world can explain it to you, but if you don't know what they're talking about it isn't going to do you much good. I guarantee that if you keep putting in your time practicing you'll get it. Then you too can try to explain how to do various goose calls to people online in typed format. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahah yea i know trying to explain how to blowa short reed online is like trying to find a white bean in a balck cats a$$ but anything will help. thnaks matt i appreciate it. anyone else

·
Registered
620 Posts
You can also double cluck without throwing the sound with your hand. You can use different "reference words" to make higher and lower clucks. The reference words are just to give you an idea of where your tongue position will be. It is the tongue position that can make the different range of notes. You can try ack... ook, or twit... tat. But I agree with the above post that the most important thing to do first is just make sure you have a good solid cluck down before moving on to a double cluck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finally i figured it out. thanks for all the help. i know it sucked you guys helped me alot. i cant belive how much better it sounds than what i was trying get out of it before. if you guys got any other suggestions feel free to share. everything is appreciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.