North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a blind with shoot thru netting and was curious if anyone here has actually shot thru one before ? All i have is herad is that you cant use expandables just fixed broadheads. JAIME

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have shot through screen before but only with a fixed blade. I would assume a mechanical would open going through the screen but i have never tried it. Definitly works with fixed blades.

·
Registered
388 Posts
yep...shoot right through it. i always shoot fixed blad heads but i think you can shoot mechanicals...its just that the blades, when folded up, cant be in front of the tip

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
bowinchester said:
I have shot through screen before but only with a fixed blade. I would assume a mechanical would open going through the screen but i have never tried it. Definitly works with fixed blades.
I had/have a blind with the netting and I would NEVER use it to shoot an animal. I practiced with it and am lucky I even hit my deer target, it moved the arrow well over a foot each shot, consistently too........ I guess if you have different results go for it but I would never feel confident hunting with the windows up

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
USSapper said:
bowinchester said:
I had/have a blind with the netting and I would NEVER use it to shoot an animal. I practiced with it and am lucky I even hit my deer target, it moved the arrow well over a foot each shot, consistently too........ I guess if you have different results go for it but I would never feel confident hunting with the windows up
WOW you are the first person I have heard say that...... What blind is it? I have shot a ton of stuff out of my Double bull, and I love it. From Rifle deer, coyotes, deer with bow, and turkeys! I love it! It is one of the best tools a bowhunter can have!

·
Administrator
19,880 Posts
hunt4P&Y I think sapper is just talking about never using the netting. Like sapper I have practiced. Things were so so at 20 yards, but go to pot beyond. I can't shoot good enough with a longbow to tell the difference and would be very happy if the longbow was the only thing I shot out of it. However, if I miss a three inch circle at 20 with my Mathews I am upset. As soon as I start with the Mathews it's evident accuracy is being affected. I have three blinds and get the same results out of all of them. They are a double bull, a Scheels outback or something like that, and a cheaper Ameristep.
I always leave a small screen free opening for a shot.

·
Administrator
19,880 Posts
luv2huntsquirrel said:
I have a Ameristep Doghouse 360 . Has any one used this blind before ???
I think it has the same screen material as the other Ameristeps, so performance in that respect would be the same.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I have blinds that have the netting but have never shot through it and don't really intend to I guess. I would think though that if the netting isn't stretched real tight wouldn't that make a difference to punching through cleanly?

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
woodpecker said:
I have blinds that have the netting but have never shot through it and don't really intend to I guess. I would think though that if the netting isn't stretched real tight wouldn't that make a difference to punching through cleanly?
Yes!

Hummm I can't really see where you guys are having trouble with shooting through it. Mine shoots well through it. Maybe you guys have some different broadheads. The only problem with not shooting through the netting is that you would then be ruining the black hole effect, and have a black spot, or 2 foot ring around the blind?

Interesting stuff! I think this is the first time I have heard negative from more then one guy!

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
hunt4P&Y said:
USSapper said:
bowinchester said:
WOW you are the first person I have heard say that...... What blind is it? I have shot a ton of stuff out of my Double bull, and I love it. From Rifle deer, coyotes, deer with bow, and turkeys! I love it! It is one of the best tools a bowhunter can have!
Your an idiot

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
USSapper said:
hunt4P&Y said:
USSapper said:
bowinchester said:
Your an idiot
SAPPA! Seriously? I don't understand how..... I want to see you shoot out of a blind!

·
Administrator
19,880 Posts
Back to the subject please.

I guess I look at it this way. We spend $100 on a drop away, or some other rest that we think gives us the best arrow flight. We move our nock point hundredths of an inch and shoot bare shafts through paper to get absolutely perfect arrow flight. Then people who will not shoot a whisker biscuit will shoot an arrow through screen.
I will admit I perhaps didn't give it a fair chance. I shot five shots for five bullseyes at 20 yards without the screen, and five shots with three bullseye with the screen. I did that twice. Once with Thunderheads, and once with G5's. That was out of the double bull. I only shot a couple shots out of the other two blinds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.