North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
what my bro-in- law did with his last time which worked just fine is he just took two pieces of cardboard as big as the coyote and put the coyote in between and taped -depending on how dry it is you may want to use fairly thick cardboard if you are worrying about it cracking, his was really dry and everything worked just fine. This way will save you money on the shipping.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WIdawg22 said:
what my bro-in- law did with his last time which worked just fine is he just took two pieces of cardboard as big as the coyote and put the coyote in between and taped -depending on how dry it is you may want to use fairly thick cardboard if you are worrying about it cracking, his was really dry and everything worked just fine. This way will save you money on the shipping.
Is this what everyone else does? This would make for a very bulky package, and shipping would be pretty steep.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im not sure what these guys do that put their fur up and ship to distant fur auctions. I personally usually ship frozen fur because by the time I flesh and take all the time and put holes in it, its not worth it for the few furs I do. I found you definitely want to look at a few different places to ship through. I believe it was last time I found a $60-70 difference from one large shipping place to another, which is rediculous. I dont know exactly what he paid last time but it was reasonable. I think the shipping places mainly base price on volume and weight. I would check though, they all very slightly, theres a diminsion range and if your 1 inch or say 20 inches over that next cheeper price you pay the higher rate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you are shipping to a tannery, it won't hurt to fold.

Shipping to fur auctions, sometimes takes creative packaging. If you have a large amount of furs, try to find a consignment agent, that is close or fairly close to your area, consign to him and let the company ship on to the auction houses. Auction houses won't accept green hides they must be fleshed stretched and dried.

If selling local a whole different game. Some buyers will buy green, frozen etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.