North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody been out shed hunting? I have been out a couple of times and have yet to find anything. A friend of mine is a shed fanatic and has been out a few times. He has found a really nice 4 point side and a small 4 point side. I will hopefully get out a couple of more times this week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
:D I was out this spring, i don't go out during the summer though.
I actually found some nice sheds, i found a soon-to-be very large and non-typical set, the aren't that big this year, but still a nice set. :sniper:
i also found a five point..... The best thing to do is drive around in the late winter and see where the deer are..... then look in those areas for sheds..

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Hey all... anybody shed hunting this year? I have found a few so far, there is still alot of snow in the sheltered areas the deer yard up in. I found a decent 4 point shed in a beanfield yesterday.

What does everyone do with their sheds?

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
I have been out 2 weekends in a row, and found about 25 total. Just yesterday I found 10 in about 2 hours. The majority of the sheds I have found have all been nice 4 points. Found a couple 5 points, one being easily a 140" deer with both. Should be a awesome buck next year. The best way to find them is to glass fields. Found a ton doing that. Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Went out yesterday, but didn't find any sheds in a usual bedding area on a reserve along the shores of Lake Ashtabula. Saw my first woodcock ever. Talk about a wierd bird, sure spooked me when he flushed underfoot!

It was all worth it, did some mud running, saw some new animals, and got some exercise!

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
My dad and brother went out again last night and found 6 more sheds. One nice 6 point that will be a dandy next season. Thought most of the nice bucks got shot this year, but i guess there are still some around. So far since the end of march My dad, brother, and I have found about 45 sheds. Can't wait until bow season. Hopefully, I will have the new Mathews Outback, gonna be a ripper!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
what do you do with them? just mount them or what? I like to go out looking for them as well...........more so just to walk my dog through the woods.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.