North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Senate passes pork, not bailout

The hypocrisy that is in Washington D.C. knows no bounds. As the Senate went to the floor and passed a bill that is going to lock the American worker into a debt that will only get worse as social security is continued to be robbed. The lack of credit surely will run out. This bill should be flushed NOW!

Harry Reid, Senator from Nevada must be spending to much time smoking illegal substances. His claim of alarming news that one of the country's premier insurance companies was about to go bankrupt if the crisis was not quickly resolved. Then turns around and stuffs a provision into this bill that burdens insurance companies with more liabilities. Tucked away in the tax provisions is a landmark health care provision demanding that insurance companies provide coverage for mental health treatment-such as hospitalization-on parity with physical illnesses.

Now some one some where explain this to me. PLEASE. How does crying bankruptcy then taxing those who are supposedly going under makes any sense at all. IT DOES NOT!

What this is if any one is paying attention is a move towards socialized medicine. By forcing Insurance companies to accept more medical burdens while supposedly lacking credit to pay for this. Now should the insurance companies actually go under it will be a simple move to claim as Washington is now for government control of yet another private enterprise.

More earmarks that have absolutely nothing to do with this financial crisis other then to add to it are as follows:

- Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502)

- Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503)

- 6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504)

Tax earmark "extenders" in the bailout bill.

- Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section 308)

- American Samoa (Sec. 309)

- Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310)

- Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311)

- Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico (Sec. 312)

- Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315)

- Railroads (Sec. 316)

- Auto Racing Tracks (317)

- District of Columbia (Sec. 322)

- Wool Research (Sec. 325)

Wool Research????? What the heck has this to do with the financial crisis? Other then saying the American taxpayers are sheep being lead to the financial slaughter.

Wooden Arrows for children to play with? HMMM, now here comes future legislation that will ban arrows as they may hurt some child who wasn't supervised by an adult and shot their eye out.

Even more sickening about all this is that both McCain and Obama support this balderdash. It favors Obama as he wants more government spending and government control. This however flies in the face of what McCain has been saying that he will veto earmarks and pork barrel spending.

Hey John! This bill is full of just that and you are supporting it. What is going on here?
At least the following Senators had the courage to vote NO on this pork for what ever reason it still was a no vote. The bill passed the senate with a 74 to 25
Allard (R)Barasso (R)Brownback (R)Bunning (R)Cantwell (D)Cochran (R)Crapo (R)DeMint (R)Dole (R)Dorgan (D)Enzi (R)Feingold (D) Inhofe (R)Johnson (D)Landrieu (D)Nelson (FL) (D)Roberts (R)Sanders (I)Sessions (R)Shelby (R)Stabenow (D)Tester (D)Vitter (R)Wicker (R)Wyden (D) all voted no. :******:

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Whistler31 said:
Hey John! This bill is full of just that and you are supporting it. What is going on here?
At least the following Senators had the courage to vote NO on this pork for what ever reason it still was a no vote. The bill passed the senate with a 74 to 25
Allard (R)Barasso (R)Brownback (R)Bunning (R)Cantwell (D)Cochran (R)Crapo (R)DeMint (R)Dole (R)Dorgan (D)Enzi (R)Feingold (D) Inhofe (R)Johnson (D)Landrieu (D)Nelson (FL) (D)Roberts (R)Sanders (I)Sessions (R)Shelby (R)Stabenow (D)Tester (D)Vitter (R)Wicker (R)Wyden (D) all voted no. :ticked:
I was glad to see that name on the list. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
There were a lot of goodies added in for both political parties. Some spending here, some tax breaks there, and some additional government regulations somewhere else.

Health insurance companies are now going to be required to include mental health care on parity with care of physical illnesses. Do you have any idea how much this is going to include the premiums on virtually every health insurance plan out there? This will cause more people to drop insurance ...followed immediately with politicians screaming about the dire need for what is, but what they won't call socialized medicine. The ultimate goal here is to gain more control of you by controlling your access to health care. Making private health insurance policies difficult to buy and maintain is part of the plan.

Do you agree with Neal that McCain's vote for the bailout has killed his chances of winning the presidency in November?
Yes
No

Buried somewhere in the bailout bill is a tax break for some company that makes some particular type of wooden arrow that is used by some children somewhere. Feel good about that? Wait until you see what the House members add on.

There is no way in hell that this will be the last bailout. The die is cast. The foundation is set. Look for the next one coming around the corner in the middle of the night with its headlights off and on the wrong side of the road.

Subject to change .. and subject to a sudden sense of maturity descending on the American voter ... but I think John McCain's vote for this bailout ended his chances in the election. :eyeroll:

And remember, please, that the evidence is clear: This mess was caused by the Democrats refusal to reign in Fannie and Freddie. The Republicans wanted to, and tried. The Democrats said no. Now you pay.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
McCain's yes vote was just another nail in his coffin.

At the risk of being synical :wink: Dogan's no vote was him preparing for his next campain back here in Nodak country :eyeroll:

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
As of yesterday, Barack Obama was leading in swing state polls. Not only was he leading, he was crushing John McCain.

Here are the statistics:

Florida:
Obama - 51%
McCain - 43%

Ohio:
Obama - 50%
McCain - 42%

Pennsylvania:
Obama - 54%
McCain - 39%

This is, to say the least, alarming. We have lost this country to Entertainment Tonight watchers, celebrity worshippers, jock-sniffers. know-everything college students and those who depend on government entitlements. Conservatives are going to lose this election to people who register to vote based on the fact that Jay-Z is going to host a concert for Obama ... or maybe it will be that Communist sympathizing band, the Decemberists.

John McCain has lost this election for two reasons ... he couldn't convince enough people that he wants less government in your life and he couldn't convince enough people that he wants more government in your life.

·
Administrator
19,886 Posts
Something just isn't right about this whole kettle of fish. I was just up town looking at new Diesel Pickups. I can get a GMC loan, the credit union says write the check, we will take care of you when you come in, Gate City Savings and Loan could have the money to me within an hour, both banks had money to lend. One wanted me to have an account there, the other didn't care. What credit crunch???????????

Now I am beginning to suspect that old Harry and his cohorts created most of the panic for political gain. Now I wish that bill had never passed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.